Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    +1

2. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    hmmmm.....

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Those pictures tell me I probably don’t want yellow and I definitely want stripe. Waterfall is a standout feature of the car and how the stripe disappears and reappears - never seen that before. It will lend tremendous road presence. I predict the take-up of stripe will be even more than for the Speciale. The more I look at this car, the better it gets. No-one seems to be talking much about Pininfarina, which seems to suggest that even though there are those who are not too keen, this car is well received overall.

Caeruleus11, Dolceexte, Bundy and 5 others like this.
  4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    There seem to be mixed reports on Fiorano lap time vs LaFerrari, with my dealer saying last night at the preview that it would match or be slightly quicker. I guess the official number it depends on how Ferrari wants to market the car. Anyone has more information?

5. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    well.......we all know my opinion on the 488 Pista beating or at least matching the LaFerrari lap times. I truly think it can as it would have better entry and exit speed with it being lighter weight, R compound tires and very little lag from the torque monster twin turbos.

My only gripe about Fiorano lap times is that their authenticity gets questioned. When they post of spot on lap times of say 1:21.00 it really doesn't help its credibility. Speaking of Fiorano.......its a shame they used the Fiorano name on the 599.......488 Fiorano would have went nice with this car

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    And depends on which driver is in which car

7. Sapo117

Sapo117 Rookie

Apr 13, 2015
    Bergamo - Italy
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    But if this is the Coupe version, will the Spyder be called 488 Pista Aperta ??? :D

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Is the launch color Rosso Corsa or some other red?
    Thx

9. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Grigio Medio or Argento Nurburgring + Bordeaux Alcantara would be a dream

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Reflecting back over this mornings preview I can only say WOW! Stunning!!!!

Those fortunate enough to be in Geneva to see this car in the flesh - I am envious! You guys are in for a feast for the eye!! The only thing that will trump that will be sitting behind the wheel as an owner driving this baby hard....very hard. I am very much looking forward to that day.
    PS. Any color will do....not to get too picky at this stage in the game.

stavura and Claudia65 like this.
  11. TifosiGB

TifosiGB Rookie

Aug 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    bob bob
    Looks like it's been crashed into a wall and repaired badly... no no no...

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I take it you can't get one. Sorry to hear that.

dhari likes this.
  13. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Excuse me if this is a repeat, but I was informed by my dealer the car comes with an extra set of Carbon Fiber Wheels and tires, at a cost of $35,000.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #389 ingegnere, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Yes, and no black roof either--unless you miss vinyl roof look from the 60s.

LVP488 likes this.
  15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I wonder whether the stripe will be standard, the moving pictures seem to come from the (future) configurator and could be the basic equipment (which could explain why the car has no fender shields, and no carbon wheels).

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Optioned up with shields and the likes this car is going to look killer.

17. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Agreed, I relly don't like the black roof at all as well... I just got the info that for italian market the starting price will be around 280k Euro.

18. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
  19. mfer

mfer Rookie

Dec 11, 2015
    UK
    We have seen it before with the 599 GTO beating the flagship at the time the Enzo by 1 second no reason for the 488 not to be quicker than the laF

20. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    It's got a horrible kink in the middle of it. And there's no real coherence between the stripe on the hood and the stripe on the splitter so there's no flow between the two.

I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I seem to remember that it's on something relatively high profile so it will come to me in a while.

Plenty of Ferrari owners disagree with you on that one.

FerrariFR33458 and jm2 like this.
  21. petretta

petretta Karting

Mar 5, 2010
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    DP
    Original renders released (without fender shields) seem to be in a different red than the Ferrari website which looks to be in RC. Any idea which Rosso that is? Looks phenomenal with that silver/black livery.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. jeffmoore

jeffmoore Karting

Feb 19, 2011
    The nose does me remind a bit of the F50...

23. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017

24. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    After a lot of comments and opinions I have to say that the new design is AMAZING. Ferrari has raised the bar significantly. Looking at hi res pictures of the configurator I can see a lot of aero details that its difficult to see
    in the press photos (the air intake for example consists from 3 different inlets etc) I'am waiting the official videos of all the technical features of the car to admire the technology that it carries.
    Ferrari=Passion, design, technology, innovation

25. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Well, were that to be the case I would be surprised(and owe an apology) as I don't see how they can have a £300K production car run rings around a £2m Halo car so I am sure it will be posted as slower. Inevitably much could be down to tyres and politics.

Caeruleus11 likes this.