Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    No sound and kinda bad quality, but this is the presentation video (about 10 seconds were cut at the end):

The other stories are from the Atelier video posted in the previous pages.

Maggio23, saraojo, Afonsolaw and 2 others like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    its the exact same car body with a different front air dam and front hood. Obviously more aggressive looking but the overall body shape is the same.

3. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I just came back from the presentation at my dealership....

OMG for me the car is awesome!!! Maybe I'm too much overwhelmed but they managed, in my opinion, to improve and make much more aggressive a car that is already beautiful for me, the 488 GTB.

Really can't wait to go to Gineva to see the 488 Pista in the flesh!

Btw I like the name as well! maybe I'm one of the few

Maggio23, bbr, Bhh and 6 others like this.
  4. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Lolol yes appears so

5. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    themediocore likes this.
  6. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    My 2 cents: we will get an official release at the end of the day on the West coast once all dealership presentations are over.

Claudia65 likes this.
  7. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Well said .... it's Ferrari on top form. From what has been shown it Visually looks stunning , info and stats look super and the sound as well. Pista is in my opinion a good and justified appropriate name and I'm sure by the time this week is out many will have got used to it - I really like it , seriously ! It states what the ethos is supposed to be ..... bravo Ferrari!!

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Totally unfair to judge it against the LaFerrari. This is the hardcore version of a normal production vehicle after all, not a hypercar.

I also don't believe that there will be an even more extreme version of the 488.

JagShergill likes this.
  9. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Exactly, that's ridiculous. It should be compared to the 'hot' versions of the 430 and 458.

10. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    its a compliment to be compared to the Laferrari. The F12 tdf was an many people said it was a far more exciting and challenge/rewarding car to drive than the Laferrari

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course!!!
    About the centre lock hubs too.
    We were trying to warn you from day one...

nads and JagShergill like this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is just less resolved and doesn't have as much grip; that's not a good thing.

13. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    wait a second..........are you telling me I was wrong about the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R's but I was also wrong about the centre lock hubs as well???

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Finally something to comment on after pages of ............

I think they have done a really great job, as anticipated no real sheet metal change as in F12/tdf, but the details where they have made changes work really well without going over the top. The only area which is arguably a little Lamboesque is the front shovel but I assume they were creating such great rear downforce numbers, it was needed to balance.

But then it was never really in doubt, Ferrari and its engineers are, as we know at the top of their game, and I think we have the competition to thank for making them push the envelope even further. Competition destroys complacency and this is no complacent response.

As regards performance numbers, I’m afraid it’s totally unrealistic to think this will be quicker than the LF and neither should it be. However, having said that, surely it will be quicker than the 812/Tdf and all the numbers so far are very encouraging.

From everything I am hearing, it would seem that they have almost turned a turbo into an n/a except perhaps in sound, but for those who fear the future world of hybrid, I think we can be reassured that the successor will be something even more exceptional and still very much a Ferrari; we should not be concerned about the future. Remember our reaction when we heard the 458 successor was to be turbo?

Have I yet been invited, no, not yet, do I want one, I think probably yes.

Bravo Ferrari, a magnificent response.

Sent from my iPad

15. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Well, it has new generation sport cup 2 but probably you can put Trofeo R on new Pista, so it will be plenty fast anyway

16. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Agree, however, I'm not worried about the future hybrid, I'm worried about future full electric, not concerning performances...still, can't wait to discover all the technical magics of this new Ferrari girl

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    EXACTLY!!
    [QUOTE="Traveller, post: 145831194, member: 79431
    But then it was never really in doubt, Ferrari and its engineers are, as we know at the top of their game, and I think we have the competition to thank for making them push the envelope even further. Competition destroys complacency and this is no complacent response.
    Sent from my iPad[/QUOTE]

18. Ilirferati

Ilirferati Rookie

Sep 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ilir ferati
    What about the carbon rims ,are they an option? Why does the presented car now have alloys instead? Not that i dont like them. But the spy shot of the car in flesh some time ago while they hosted a private preview had the carbon rims on

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Because these wheels are nicer than the "black hole" CF wheels and present better which is critical for a reveal.

20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    It is awesome ..wondering if they used rossi formula 1 for the video

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If it goes as good as it looks,fantastic.

22. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Anyone else fantasizing about color, spec, livery choice, rims, etc now that we have seen teasers and 3D renderings? Anyone considering 'Historic', Opaco, PTS schemes?

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Now which grey that's the question... :D

of2worlds and Claudia65 like this.
  24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed