bad azzz boxer part III | Page 14 | FerrariChat

bad azzz boxer part III

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by riverflyer, Apr 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

John must be getting excited. I know I would have butterflies in my gut as I turned the key for a test blast. Hell, I get them jumping in my stock Boxer.

Another great car by Paul.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Looks great Cheif Wiggam..

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ready and waiting......

Had a fun day yesterday with John behind the wheel. The car put a lot of smiles on his face but upsets me because I want it lol.

Attached Files:

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Trying to figure out how to post pics full size in the thread. Still dont know how!

Attached Files:

5. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

That air intake on the underside of the deck lid looks like it came from the factory that way. Nicely done!

6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

When you post pictures you are provided two options, pick the full size option and the picture will fill up the page. Just figured it out myself.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The car looks amazing Paul. You smashed this one outa the park.

8. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Had a great visit with Paul and enjoyed Ontario, brief though it was. Car was awesome, looks so nice in black with satin boxer trim...great combo. We went through and made a final list of items to do. Did a great test drive (in fact two of them!) Acceleration is already addictive, even a highly moderated gas pedal input. Besides a low rpm glitch, the car runs beautifully. Very smooth and pliable ride. The Ohlins work their magic.
    Very nice sound with the custom headers and titanium exhaust.
    We both feel like it has a modern sound, though hard to describe. Its much more urgent sounding. Louder than oem but never intrusive. Can't wait to hear her at full song. I don't think we went over 4500 rpms, so lots of room to shine.
    Paint job is great. Interior came out beautiful. Very obvious the care and thought Paul puts into his work. Very much looking forward to greeting the truck and seeing her roll out. Its been a very long trip indeed!
    I am sure Paul will continue to post as he wraps it up, and I will most certainly post up a full story with more pics when I get her "home".

crinoid, Dave rocks and John B like this.
  9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Fog lights are in, working on some electrical issues I found after getting the car up and running.

Relay panel is missing the horn relay and no horns. So I started at the panel and found a jumper wire in place of the relay. I verified the main wire to the compressor has continuity to the relay panel - awesome! Pulled the jumper and the clock stopped ticking. Put jumper back in, clock starts working again. Interesting.....Ill get back to that one so I checked out some other minor inoperative things.

Dialled the hesitation out and and added more timing. Nice power gain! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Love the foglights

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
  12. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Awesome photos Paul and thank you for using our Stratos airboxes on your project. For anyone interested here is some more information on them:

Carbonio Stratos Performance Airbox

13. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Thanks for reaching out Rob with the perfect solution!

14. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ready to head home. Put 300-400kms on it in total and wow what a car. I think its the perfect marriage having this M engine in a BB. Mine could be next.... Image Unavailable, Please Login

crinoid and Dave rocks like this.
  15. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I had a chance to see the car live a couple of weeks ago while paying a visit and this is one beautiful Boxer. The paint is flawless and the stance that the M engine creates is incredible. The owner will be very pleased with the result!

crinoid likes this.
  16. 53ford

53ford Karting

Nov 13, 2009
    I'm here to tell you an M powered testarossa is a s#$tload of fun too. Mine hasn't missed a beat since Paul sent it home to me three or four years ago. It still runs perfectly every time I beat on it (it loves full throttle the most). Such a different animal than the stock lump, the M motor pulls hardest after five grand right to the limiter. The M Boxer is going to delight it's owner, I hope he has a heavy right foot and some chap stick handy so his s$%t-eating grin doesn't split his lip. Cheers!

crinoid likes this.
  17. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    5 years ago this november Bernie! Time flies

18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Love to hear that.

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
  20. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    It was a fun project and Im very proud of how it turned out. An absolute joy to drive thanks to the wilwood brakes, ohlins suspension, the coddington wheels and that M engine!

Thanks John for giving me the opportunity!

turbo-joe, crinoid and Dave rocks like this.
  21. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    thank you Paul. I appreciate your attention to details and skillful approach. You have been able to do almost any job necessary. Except for the Canadian money transfers and currency exchange this job has been a pleasure in regards to your work. Best, John

crinoid likes this.
  22. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Wanted to share these pics from just after delivery. I have been able to get her out on the road a few times over this rather dry winter. (Having lived through and been evacuated from our home for 6 days, the returning drought is not something I am happy about!)

The car is a joy to drive and the sound is heavenly. The custom headers and titanium exhaust give this girl a unique well tuned sound.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

vincent355, ago car nut and crinoid like this.
  23. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Well, guess I have not been on fchat much since the changed system and I obviously don't get the pic post thing! Tried to erase duplicates but no go.

crinoid likes this.
  24. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    John, we need more, so don't worry about the repeat photos. the local hippies will think another alien has landed, lol!
    Congrats on the project completion, cheers to you and Paul!