MIGHT BE LOOKING TO TRADE MY TOP NOTCH BUILT AIR COOLED 911 FOR A GT4 CAYMAN | FerrariChat

MIGHT BE LOOKING TO TRADE MY TOP NOTCH BUILT AIR COOLED 911 FOR A GT4 CAYMAN

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Exoticar Auto, Feb 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    #1 Exoticar Auto, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Call me crazy, but I have had 5 custom built air cooled 911s now and might be ready to try the new cars out.
    I have all receipts for this car and its close to 140K all in with donor car. Any interest, check this video. Anywhere the car goes, you get the cameras, people and questions. If you don't like that, not the car for you. I'm really only interested in the Gt4,or maybe a clean 348/355.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    chris

your nuts

change some minor stuff to get it to replicate a RSR and that will sell for big money on BaT

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Nice color. You should have painted the engine compartment and trunk too.

4. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    Yeah that was mentioned in the vid. I made a last minute color change.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Does the car have heat or AC?

6. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
  7. English

English Rookie

Jan 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Daniel Bennett
    It’s brilliant. Congratulations

8. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Wow, beautiful 911!

Sounds like you may be interested in a 355. I have a couple if you might be interested in a trade.

9. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    Would have to be a 6 speed coupe, prefer a 95 with all the stuff done to make them reliable.

10. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Good call! One of mine is a red/tan '95 6-speed coupe, fully sorted.

11. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
  12. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Chris, go to BaT and you will get dozens of complements - & then you will get fifty more Internet "car experts" telling you how you did this wrong, and that wrong, and then they will tell everyone that they think the paint is hiding crash damage, and the floor boards don't look correct, and that the engine bay should be painted ~ not to mention the interior! This car is bad-very bad they will proclaim! Yes the bids will go high if you can endure / but you have to wear a friggen athletic supporter & cup to fend off all the BS crotch kicks that the non-bidding BaT regulars throw at you (I have listed & sold there). Guys like us can put up with it, but there are SO MANY peeps there that absolutely LOOK for ANY perceivable flaw to point out ~ (wether they are right about it or wrong) that is somehow validating their existence there. Its like they get some award for sleuthing out ANY imperfection - and then announcing it in the most verbose way possible. Its hilariously painful to watch.

Go at your own risk. Just today a guy pulled his 1968 Porsche off of there (nice too) because they were just too brutal to bear for him.

13. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    #13 Exoticar Auto, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    I hear ya, i have built 10 cars since 2010. Most of this quality or better. I usually use ebay for a sales point. Somehow every car i sell gets put on BAT. I went there once and refuse to ever look at that site again. I dont care who they are. My renntech 190e 16v 1 of 1 car made the “front” or cover page of BAT one time. My ebay listing went from like 1000 views to 17k views in like a day or 2. I went there to see what it was all about and it was just as you say. Armchair quarterbacks coaching potential buyers on a car they have never seen nor driven. The last ebay car i sold i watermarked all my pictures with F BAT just incase they listed it, which they did. Joke was on them. All my cars sell regardless of uninformed so called “experts”. I put my heart soul and bank account into my builds. Probably to much of each. Funny thing is the blue Porsche is actually not for sale, I just thought it would be cool to “dangle” it out there for fun. If it goes it goes, if not my consolation prize is a pretty cool and fun car to drive. I will say this, a fellow fchatter, has contacted me regarding a pretty sweet F355 and a deal could be stuck. I have owned 5 air cooled 911 cars and no Ferraris. So a change would be fun. Thats all, rant over, lol.

Michael B likes this.
  14. English

English Rookie

Jan 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Daniel Bennett
    Are you suggesting BAT listed your car without your approval?

15. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    Back then, not sure if they still do, they would list interesting reader submissions.

16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Saw this car in Daytona at the 24. It is absolutely beautiful in person. Everytime I walked by there was a crowd of people checking it out.