488 GTO ? | Page 154 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I am philosophical about it. I know of others who "threw their toys out the cot" and went to an alternative brand :) Cmon its not that big a deal

2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Don't beleive anyway second allocation

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. martisracing

martisracing Karting

Nov 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Does anyone know if the price will be announced on the 20th or not until Geneva?

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yep your right - not going down that road. I'm yet to hear of anyone who's defected to "that" camp who is willing to line up for another.:) Sometimes it's best to tuck your ego in and check your loyalty.

Shack likes this.
  5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Absolutely. The somewhat over the top rush for this non LE car, in some instances smacks of money making rather than enthusiasts. Yes, there are many of us, especially on this forum, who want the car to drive the tyres off it, but certainly there are many who just see $, but will be disappointed in the medium term. The Speciale, certainly in the UK, sat unwanted until the news came through this was the last of the naturally aspirated V8's and then they were sold out in weeks. All the 488VS possibly is, is not quite the last of potentially non hybrid V8's. To that, my answer is 'so what' as we just know that the successor will be something even more extraordinary as Ferrari keep proving time and time again. How are they ever going to improve on the XX, and yet they do every time-such is progress.

At least the Speciale's purity really did mark a breaking point with the past.

Shack, Caeruleus11, LARRYH and 5 others like this.
  6. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    dealers already knows price but will be officialy anounced until geneva

7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Probably in Geneva but I am guessing $110k CAD ($85k USD) over 488 coupe and then you option it up from there.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A few indications I understood from my dealer:
    - they already have the "approved list" from the factory; I guess also they know their customers enough so that the list they prepared before was not very different from what they got from the factory;
    - there is no "official" communication apart from the invite; customers are told they are on the list or not, but not systematically (i.e. there is not an official email sent to all people on the list)
    - the dealer hopes for a few more cars, but they have managed expectations from the start
    - pricing (maybe without options) will be available at Geneva

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF

10. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK

Over the top rush for a non LE car? A little harsh. The vast majority who have been allocated couldn’t care less with $$ down the road, LE or not.

Bhh likes this.
  11. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I think we will all let you know after the preview the 20th....any important news that I can share I will put it here...so exited about it!

nkhalid and of2worlds like this.
  12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That is clearly the aim of the allocation process, not always successful as you know when you immediately see LF’s and tdf’s being flipped. Regretfully, I suspect the very strong demand, way over what it was for the Speciale, is not because in the intervening few years many new people have suddenly fallen in love with the brand, but more likely, they like the idea, understandably, of cheap or profit motoring.

Solid State, Shack and cesman like this.
  13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    What time European can we expect that ?

14. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    I suspect, around noon, at 12 am, Italian time.

Melvok likes this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Midday, I think

@ferr9000 Did you just confirm the Pista name?

16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    +1

Had the same thought.

Don't really like it though. Not that that matters, ha-ha.

F140C likes this.
  17. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Okay that looks pretty cool!

polishhammer83 likes this.
  18. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Me neither, honestly.

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I'm holding out for the real deal. It will all be about the way the car looks for me. If it ends-up just looking like my 488 GTB with a few more bits of aero design then I don't think I'll be interested. Whatever the performance is of the car (which it will obviously be amazing) that won't sway me much. The 488 GTB already has remarkable capabilities and I absolutely love the design of it. Having said all of this, I'm hoping that I will be blown away next week and salivating to have one.

20. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    100%

There are brokers offering Aston Martin Valkyrie, LaFerrari Aperta, Mercedes AMG Project One and a few others all the be spec’d (obviously excluding LaF A). Flippers have increased massively and Ferrari cannot do anything about it because of the way these cars are “sold”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly and the Dealers have developed a specific set of customers to accommodate
    the flips and most the gain goes back into the Dealers pocket - just saying like it is :rolleyes:

Solid State and Melvok like this.
  22. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Same in OZ,believe only left hand drive countries have numbers of allocation
    Right hand drive still no numbers from factory

23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Well one particular person has not only defected but spends an awful amount of time criticizing everything Ferrari as some sort of vindication for his decision. Its good sport as all one does is go over the on how everything Ferrari is simply amazing :) Oh and throw a few "MASSIVE depreciation" lines in about the other brand :) Like kids in a playground

24. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    Whenever the price is announced I am hoping it is very high, at least high enough for me to lose interest and throw in the towel on this car. Then I would go put a deposit for the Gt3 RS instead at 55% of the GTO price , and hope the porsche Gods give me an allocation in a year's time.

nkhalid likes this.
  25. TJF

TJF Karting

Aug 27, 2011
    California
    I'm being told from the dealer in the US, I need to buy a Lusso before I can get a 488 GTO.
    Is that just there way of saying 'm not eligible? Anybody else been told that?

petretta and F2003-GA like this.