599/612 Engine Mounts / Flexible Pads Availability | FerrariChat

599/612 Engine Mounts / Flexible Pads Availability

Discussion in '612/599' started by 360modena2003, Feb 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Hello,

The engine mounts, or as Ferrari ridiculously calls them "flexible pads", are not in stock anywhere...Eurospares, Ricambi, Maranello Parts, etc.

Any idea if there are any alternatives, they seem to be quite "standard", nothing special about them.

They are as usual overpriced (197£) if they become available again.

Would be great if someone could develop an "aftermarket" solution.

Any idea if they could be rebuilt?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

2. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    try redparts, its in Paris

3. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Sent email - let's see.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

4. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I bet Ferrari sourced these engine mounts from a vendor whose name and/or part# is stamped on the item - as is the case with most Ferrari cross-branded parts.

Having the time and wanting to expend the effort it would be worth removing one of the installed mounts to find that information and then locate the replacement part - at 1/3 of the Ferrari cost, not to mention prompt availability.

5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I just looked at Redparts and they have a very good price on the part im looking for. Does anyone know if they ship to the US and if so, would I be subject to the French taxes? I don't read or speak French so its all a bit of a guess for me. I sent them an email. Hopefully Google Translator does a decent job.

6. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Red Parts has a location in GA

7. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    Maybe it’s from ZF Sachs? The 612 used the Mannesmann-Sachs skyhook suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Let me know if you need help, I am French, I can give them a call if you want, PM me ...
    Regarding tax, I am based outside the EU ( Switzerland) and they invoiced me without VAT on previous orders, that implies though that you will pay your local VAT when goods are imported.

9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    They responded to my email and said that they do ship to the US via UPS. They asked for my address to give me an accurate price. Its been a couple of days without a response back but at least I know that Google Translator did a reasonable job. Not to hijack the thread as I did not ask about the motor mount pads, just some hoses.