HCG Diet | FerrariChat

HCG Diet

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by The extractor, Oct 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The extractor

The extractor Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Deerfield BeachFlorida
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    Started my HCG diet on Sept 16, 2014 at 264.8lbs..... Today (Oct 9,2014) just weighed in at 240.4lbs..... two more weeks on the HCG and hoping for another 12 lbs, or 228lbs for a total lose of 36 lbs in 5 weeks..... Has anyone done this diet and what should I look foward to in my 6 week maintanence program after I finish the HCG????/
    Thx

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    whats HCG diet ?

3. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Human chorionic gonadotropin
    HCG is a hormone produced during pregnancy. The diet is controversial- it's a very reduced caloric diet. Almost fasting state. The HCG is thought to reduce hunger. HCG is anabolic, so there's not a associated muscle break down that is usually associated with reduced caloric intake. The diet requires close follow up by a physician. Only the HCG injections seem to have the most success.

4. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Sounds more complicated (and dangerous) than it needs to be. My go-to miracle diet is to eat less and do more. 500 net calories per day deficit (works out to about 1800 net, 2000+ consumed for me) which won't leave you hungry at all if you choose wisely. All you have to do is commit and it's guaranteed to work with no unpleasant side effects. For me, started at 190 and weighed in under 160 today, including -10 lbs in the last 40 days.

5. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    J J you got it right. Decrease caloric intake, increase metabolic expenditure. But easier said than done.

6. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Not if you are honest with yourself. You can tell by your actions whether it truly is a priority or it isn't. If you know your plan is sound and still can't stick with it then it just isn't a priority for whatever reason and nothing will change until you figure out what that reason is (and address it).

The cold, hard fact is that whatever habits got you heavy in the first place will get you right back heavy again once the "easy" fix goes away. Changing anything other than those behaviors amounts to treating the symptom and not the disease.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I agree with JJ my wake up call came with the heart surgeon's voice telling me we either operate or you're probably not here 3 months from now. that was a year ago and my single malts are now protein shakes along with many other changes. Bad eating habits are just that and you need to change your mindset as well as your lifestyle.

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Several years ago a co worker lost a ton of weight on the HCG diet. Attributed most of the weight loss due to the drops. In passing conversation he also said "Along with the drops, I only eat "400 calories a day!"

Right then, it was pretty easy to see why the diet worked so well.

9. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    400 calories/day is dangerous, unsustainable, and completely unnecessary!

The formula is so simple nobody bothers selling it. Learn to estimate your maintenance calories, learn to estimate caloric content of food reasonably accurately, and learn to eat healthy foods that total 500 cals under your maintenance. You might feel hungry for a short time, but then your body adapts and it goes away. Monitor progress for a few weeks, and if you're losing more/less than 1 lb/week after several weeks slowly raise/lower your intake until you level off at -1 lb/week. Then just keep doing that until you're where you want. Once you get there, eat at maintenance and you'll stay the same forever.

It took a lot of years to put on the weight, and trying to permanently shed it in a just few weeks is just not a high-probability approach.

FWIW, scotch was one of my bad habits as well. Look at it this way... There are 217 calories in 100ml of scotch. That means there are 1625 calories in a bottle of scotch. 1625 calories is roughly 0.5 lbs. Drink 1 bottle every two weeks without adding exercise to offset and you'll gain 1 lb/month. That's 12 lbs/year just from scotch!

Did I eliminate scotch completely? Heck no! But I do choose to enjoy it sensibly by making sure it fits it into my calorie budget.

10. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That's it. I decided in April to do that. I began swimming 5 - 7 times a week and ate less. I was hungry for a few days, but then the hunger seemed to lessen. Lost 20 lbs and gained upper body muscle from the swimming. Lost 4 inches in the waist too. Had to buy a new belt...

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Any diet supplement will work when you only ingest 400 calories per day.

Watch for them using saline solution too. Sucks to pay so much for a bogus injection.

12. The extractor

The extractor Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Deerfield BeachFlorida
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    Just a follow up: Today is Oct 17. Hit 30 lbs lost and only have 7 more days of injections left. should lose a total of 32-24lbs. Then i enter the 6 week maintance phase. No injections but still 1000 cal diet per day.... Then I will hit the HCG again and hope to finalize this thing at 205lbs by the end of Jan, 2015 that would give me a total loss of 60 lbs in 4 1/2 months

13. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    The drops or injections cause a decrease in appetite, at least they did for me. I could eat the 400-600 calories a day and not feel hungry. I had very little energy though but didn't feel like eating.

The problem with these hyper restrictive diets is that what do you do when you are done? Have you changed your lifestyle? Are you going to work out more? Have you gotten a new group of friends that only eats cardboard and never wants to go out to eat great food at your favorite restaurant? Do you suddenly hate the foods and activities (or lack thereof) so that you wont go back to your old habits? If you haven't fixed these things, I can bet that you are going to put the weight back on. I have done it many times.

That isn't meant to be discouraging but it is the reality of the situation. Congrats on your weight loss, it is truly exciting when you drop that kind of weight and people are starting to notice. Its nice to look down and see your toes. Its nice to walk up a few flights of stairs and not feel like passing out. Its nice to have your shirts fit better.

If you find a long term answer, let me know. The maint. plan with HCG wasn't sustainable for me and I am convinced that there isn't a way to reset your metabolism. As the good folks above said, calories in - calories burned determines if you are maintaining, increasing or decreasing weight. There are some metabolic anomalies that can blow that equation out of the water but they are few and far between. I love food and haven't found the motivation to change my lifestyle.

14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am a lover of food (and an amazing cook so I am told) as well and like I said it took staring my death in the face for me to change my ways. I still love food, but I just eat less and I have transformed what I do eat into things far more healthy. I eat to live these days, I don't live to eat.

15. jackjohn

jackjohn Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    louisjohnjack
    Sir, i can do this diet without taking any Injections or Drops? I am little afraid to take HCG drops. But, i can continue this diet..
    Does my body gets into problem if i wont take any HCG drops?
    p.s: Most of the time i stay in home watching movie. So, very less i work.

16. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Where does one get HCG injections or drops ....?

17. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I confused HCG with HGH ...

18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Love to hear an update.

19. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    HCG diet is complete bs

if you only eat 500-700cal per day, you will loose weight ... with or without HCG

but you can not (and should not) maintain this body crash "program"

any legal stuff on the market, is homoeopathic in a way that there is no impact anyway ... fortunately
    further more, there is not a single scientific study about what a pregnancy hormone can do if your not ... well, pregnant
    obvious is only the appetite reduction, which can be dangerous

loosing weight (and maintaining it) is always based on a lifestyle change and comes down to these three simple facts:
    eat healthy
    do not eat more than your body needs
    move your arse :D

20. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Only time I have ever heard of anyone using HCG is to run right before you've completed a AAS cycle, just before PCT, it helps jump start your body producing natural testosterone again....

bocaf430 likes this.
  21. billysmit555

billysmit555 Rookie

Jul 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Billy Smith
    People take HCG medication for different purposes. If you are looking for HCG diet for a weight loss purpose than take a low calories diet to get most from it. HCG usually reset your metabolism so that you don’t feel hungry and crave for food. HCG can naturally limit the intake of your diet to about 500 to 600 calories a day. When you take HCG medication for 8 weeks then you experience a natural weight loss reduction in your body. Never take HCG without consulting a doctor.