Formular E-thoughts? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Formular E-thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    All the excitement of having my eyebrows plucked. If I was anymore excited, I would go for the bikini wax and my toes painted. God...has racing really gotten this horrible?

2. Yup. And, sorrowfully, it's just gonna keep gettin' worse.

As always, there's the upside.

We were there for the REAL thing. ;)

3. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Recently moved to New York, so the thought of attending the NYC race is a possibility, just because it's so close. I've tried a couple times to get into Formula E but it hasn't worked yet, even with former F1 drivers in the cars and Alain Prost on the pit wall. Whenever I mention going to a race my wife automatically just makes that high pitched WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound of their engines since she saw it on TV, so that's entertaining right there!

Another reason that Formula E might succeed, even if we don't like it, is just the overall direction of the car industry, with countries like Great Britain having banned new gas motor engines sometime in the future. That seems to be the way things are going. Maybe the hydrogen fuel cell car technology can be even better than electric someday too. Stay tuned!

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Formula E is like Europe. It goes through the motions, but has lost the essential essence.

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's not open wheel racing if the wheels aren't open, and it's not open cockpit racing with the "Halo."

And it's not racing at all with the ridiculous, "Fan Boost" popularity contest.

Pity, it could have been an interesting series. Most of this is great until they get to the Fan Boost hocus pocus.

7. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I used to race electric RC cars, both off road and on road cars.

I don't have a problem with an electric series, but I do have a problem with the marketing that swirls around this.

I also don't want it to become the only option we have.

I enjoyed racing electrics, I could also practice in the early or late hours without waking neighborhoods. They have their place, I just wish the FIA would stop with the bovine paddy mess they are spilling to us, and show a little more liberality.

8. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    What would be 'more liberality' in FE?

9. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    There is a close minded view that electric vehicles don't cause environmental issues. A more liberal approach that racing is wasteful, and we enjoy it and celebrate the thrill of the contest would make me a lot happier.

10. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I chose electric RC race cars for driving characteristics, ease of maintenance, and noise concerns.

The reality, the stuff that makes electronics go zoom still require an energy source, and the storage techniques and transmission techniques for that energy source leave scars from the mining techniques to get at them.

I just want some open minded honesty on issues, instead of the presentation by manufacturers, organizers, and sponsors that electrics are "clean".

11. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
  12. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Rainy day here, had plans for working in the out doors that don't work with rain.

Watching a FE race from last year.

Loving the electric race cars, but at times hating the broadcast.

They really need to split events, making a short round where the cars can go pell mell, sprint races in addition to "endurance" rounds.

If they're going to change cars, they should put some fun play ground type obstacle course that drivers have to clear to run from one car to another.

Its nice to see the big cars slugging it, bit I think I still prefer the little ones that don't carry the weight of a driver.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The little cars are almost as good entertainment as F1 ....but please shoot the commentator!:eek:

14. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Here, less commentator.

15. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Can’t get into this. Tried watching s few times, buts blenders going around s race track. Without the sound you might as well have the tv on mute.

Won’t be watching.