MotoGP 2019: MotoGP reveals electric bike for 2019 MotoE World Cup | FerrariChat

MotoGP 2019: MotoGP reveals electric bike for 2019 MotoE World Cup

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    It was bound to happen sooner than later....

MotoGP reveals electric bike for 2019 MotoE World Cup

Image Unavailable, Please Login

MotoGP promoter Dorna Sports has launched its new all-electric support class, the FIM MotoE World Cup.

In a launch event in Rome on Tuesday morning, energy firm Enel was confirmed as the title sponsor for the series, and the racing version of the Energica Ego bike that will be used was revealed.

It was also announced that the grid will comprise 18 bikes across 11 teams from the grand prix paddock.

All seven privateer MotoGP teams - Tech3, LCR, Marc VDS, Pramac, Avintia, Angel Nieto and Gresini - will field two bikes each, while four teams drawn from the Moto2 and Moto3 classes will run one bike apiece.

"Dorna together with FIM are delighted to move ahead into the world of electric mobility - an option we consider a parallel path for the future," Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta said.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"Today we are thrilled to announce our partnership with Enel as the official title sponsor for the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup, as well as being the 'sustainable power partner' of MotoGP - a technical partner we look forward to working with in this new venture.

"We are very proud to work with such a global, innovative and far-reaching company such as Enel and look forward to the collaboration which also involves IRTA, the MotoGP independent teams and the excellent Energica bike.

"You can be sure that together we can make the Cup a resounding success."

Nine-time premier class grand prix winner Loris Capirossi, now Dorna's representative in Race Direction, participated in the launch and rode the bike for promotional purposes.

The calendar for the MotoE World Cup has yet to be confirmed, but it is expected to consist of between four and six races, all in Europe.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/134239/motogp-reveals-motoe-bike-for-electric-series

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Formula E is in its third season now, so it's about time. The only racing series I follow anymore is Moto GP, so I hope they have a subscription service like Moto GP does. I love watching Moto 3, Moto 2, and Moto GP races all in a row. Makes for a great day of being a racing fan.

I gave up on F1 with the turbo V6 hybrid formula, but they are supposed to start a streaming service, so that would bring me back, even with the cars sounding like leaf blowers.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  3. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So cool! I am going to buy an electric skateboard in the spring..seriously. I love this stuff, I just wish it sounded better.

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I am not on board for electric racing, or electric cars at all. If everything switches over to electric, I want no part of it. Would be the end of an era, for sure. MotoGP would never be MotoGP if they switched to electric.