Hybrid Ferrari in 2019 | FerrariChat

Hybrid Ferrari in 2019

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    'I think we have entered a very interesting period in the development of Ferrari. I think the fact that we have now embraced pretty, openly the relevance of hybrid structures and the way in which we provide motion to our vehicles is something, which is going to really distinguish the Ferrari of today from the Ferrari of tomorrow. And I think that we've got a phenomenal execution going on in the field. I feel comfortable that we're going to make – and some of the stuff will be visible in 2019. '

SM 01/Feb/2108

Better to stock up on proper Ferrari's while we can?

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This has been discussed on so many topics...

So, I guess you don't consider the LaFerrari a proper Ferrari? Surely, you must be joking...

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Well yes it is a proper car of course ...but not exactly accessible to most of us mere mortals,

Afonsolaw likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I know, but you don't have to worry about future normal Ferraris either. They will be great with LaFerrari's technology filtering down on them! ;)

Caeruleus11 and stavura like this.
  5. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    488 replacement will be V6 twin turbo with electric motors for the front wheels - the horsepower will be insane!!! Assuming the chassis and electronics can handle the power - what's not to like - different I know but .....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Fascinating info- that could be quite a beast! I guess we are getting to the limits of RWD traction with ever increasing power... I'm looking forward to the "488 is the last real Ferrari" threads.. :)

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Er, no!

8. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    The fact that its a horrible sounding turbo. Yes, thats still important to some of us.

9. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That would be pretty Kool having the AWD ability from the hybrid set up......that would work well here in the UK with our poor weather and roads that are damp and wet a lot of the time.

Regards

Michael

Melvok likes this.
  10. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Time will tell

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I can really see now how car guys can become "vintage" guys, lusting after cars of their "era."

If (when) Ferrari starts building all their cars with electric motors, V6 turbos, hybrid, etc., I promise you I will never ever send another dime of my money over to Ferrari. Not a single red penny.
    Yes, I'll still lust after, buy and drive Scuds, 16M, 599GTO, F12, 458s, Speciale, and similar cars of "my vintage."

Finlander likes this.
  12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I never understood any of this "hybrid/all electric Ferrari" business. Ferrari's represent fewer than .1% of .1% driven on the road at any location at any given time. The production numbers are just too low to register a 'blip'. Ferrari should be exempt.

Melons likes this.