My 2010 Lotus Evora | FerrariChat

My 2010 Lotus Evora

Discussion in 'British' started by Lotaz, Jan 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    jjmalez and Sir_Ferrari like this.
  2. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Cool! Have you been happy with it?

3. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    These cars have aged well imho. Still look good and a great used buy.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I agree and a blast to drive. I was at Algar Saturday and they just took in a 2014 S with 2600 miles on it. Looks brand new.

5. dt34

dt34 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    Michigan
    I had a 2011 Evora S and i still regret selling it. Been thinking about buy a used S or new 400 this summer. The Evora is a great all around car. Easy to live with around town and a ton of fun on the track.

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    You should call Algar, my guess is they will give you a nice deal on the one they took in, Red/ black pack/tech pack, are the options I can see, might be more

7. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    They still look new.

Can't believe my Exige is now 11 years old and Elise is 13 years old. They're almost classics! ;)

jjmalez likes this.
  8. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I will admit in the beginning I was not happy with it. I bought a 2010 with only 4,000 miles and didn't realize everything I was getting into. I have had to do a lot of little things to sort the car out. With help from the folks on Lotus Talk I have been able to do everything I have needed to fix the little nagging items the car had. During that time of frustration I kept going on test drives of cars I "thought" I wanted to trade it in on. Every time I got back in it I would realize what and amazing car I have.
    Since I have been very happy with it. It handles great, is super fun to drive, grabs almost too much attention and it sounds amazing (I should add cheap to own). I don't foresee any reason I would get rid of it.

Also, I laugh when people say the 278 HP isn't enough. When I take people for a ride all I hear is "That car is plenty fast."

9. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    LOTAZ, do you have the sport package w/ the re-programmed shifting and/or exhaust? I heard that makes a fairly large difference ... and it's standard on the Evora "S".

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    if anyone's interested, my local Lotus dealer (World Imports/Lotus of Jacksonville) is offering big discounts on remaining 2017 Evora 400s. I believe all 3 are manual trans.

no affiliation, got the email this morning and thought I'd pass it along.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes I have the sport package with the sport gearing (tech as well), I have a tune, exhaust and BOE intake as well. I also had a ShiftR111 with new cables etc put in so it shifts as well as the 400's I have test drove.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I was one of the Ginny Pigs for it.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  12. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    That's some serious modification, isn't it? Can you reuse the same interior parts, or did you need a new tunnel cover over the linkage?

13. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Reused the same interior parts, looks completely stock inside with the exception of the shifter knob. The one I have is weighted instead of the stock leather one. .