456 wiring diagram schenatics | FerrariChat

456 wiring diagram schenatics

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ah456, Sep 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ah456

Ah456 Rookie

Feb 11, 2015
    Tasmania Australia
    Full Name:
    Adrian Harper
    does anyone have or know where to get a 456 gt or gta wiring schematics.
    I'm trying to find a ferw electrical issues.
    i have the workshop manual but it doesn't have it.
    cheers Adrian

2. user2006

user2006 Karting

Jun 29, 2006
    I have a wiring diagram for the 456M - but it is 80MB. If you send me a PM with an upload-link I can save it for you.

Bjoern

3. Stephen52

Stephen52 Rookie

Sep 25, 2017
    Full Name:
    Stephen Whitby
    Similar to Adrian above I also have a few electrical issues on my 1997 456GTA, and also have the workshop manual which shows cable routes and connections but with no schematic(s) or wiring diagram(s). The worst fault is a high drain on the battery of circa 0.75A wheras it should be about 0.007A according to the manual.
    Does anyone have the wiring diagram? Perhaps Bjoern could help or Adrian if he sorted this.
    Stephen

4. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    you need section L of the WSM
    Its a 81MB PDF file for the 456M.
    I've found it works well for my 95 456GT too, so is probably useful for all models

5. Stephen52

Stephen52 Rookie

Sep 25, 2017
    Full Name:
    Stephen Whitby
    Thank you for the quick reply. I have a section L in the WSM headed Electrical System with pages up to L120 but there is no wiring diagram as such. It was about 78MB so maybe you have some extra pages??

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There was a separate, beefed up section L for the 456M that was larger than the one included in the WSM. I do not believe classic-style wiring diagrams exist for the 456 or 456M. That question seems to get asked about once a month.

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i've asked for it....

luckily i search turned up another user with the same electrical issue and a fix which worked

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Henry- It would have at least the smaller section L. The one I bought several years ago, not from the same source, also had the expanded section L, so who knows?

10. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I do have the section L for the 456M and can wetransfer it to anyone on request.

But am still looking for section L (expanded version, if that exists???) for a 456GT non-M. Anyone please?

Bart

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Have not seen an expanded L for the 456 GT/GTA

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That would definitely be worth having for a 2.7 456 owner. First I have seen one for sale. Buying it, converting to pdf, and selling to owners would be a way to break even. Does not cover the 5.2 456 GT or GTA, but they should be very similar.

13. Aston121

Aston121 Rookie

Jul 3, 2017

Hi Bart

I've got problems with the heating system of my 456... Would you be so kind to send me the file with the diagrams?

Thanks a lot

Stephane

14. franschman

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Hi. Sure. PM me your email address and I'll wetransfer the files.
    Bart

15. Renars

Renars Rookie

Sep 12, 2019
    Latvia
    Full Name:
    Renars Plinte
    Hello,

Do anyone have wiring/electrical diagrams for Ferrari 456M GTA?
    I have some electical issues, want to resolve them, but in standart 456 manual there is no any wiring diaglams.

Im new to this forum and allready found many answers to various small issues I have/had on my car.
    Thanks to everyone who describes the problems and explains their solutions!!!

Thank you,
    Renars

16. franschman

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    PM me your mail address and I'll wetransfer you the L-section I have.

17. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #18 Qavion, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    I have a few wiring diagrams for the 456M (created from the connector pinout diagrams found in the Workshop Manual). Some of my diagrams are a work in progress, but may help.

Here is an example:

Ferrari_456_Engine_Service_&_HVAC Wiring Diagram

(not for non-M car)

What are you having problems with?

18. Renars

Renars Rookie

Sep 12, 2019
    Latvia
    Full Name:
    Renars Plinte
    Hi,
    Sorry for my late answer and thank you for your diagram.
    Do you have them in PDF format?
    @franschman allready sent me L section of original 456 service manual. But you seems to have different style of wiring diagrams.
    I have 2 problems:
    1. My headlights are not poping up. The lights just turns on but the headlights are remain in closed position. They are not working. There was a problem with ground wires at the motors. They where coroded. I repaired that, but nothing was changed.
    2. And I have AIRBAG light on. Dont know why.

19. Renars

Renars Rookie

Sep 12, 2019
    Latvia
    Full Name:
    Renars Plinte
    About the headlights - the fuses and releys are good.
    When I try to lift headlights by hand (by turning the caps on motors) sometimes they lift a little bit and then stops again. Sometimes they go down a little bit or does not even allow to lift or lower them. So the motors are working. Maybe the motors does not see the up and down end positions? Or maybe there is just no ground somewhere in this system?

20. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I'm assuming you're based in Europe? Here are the diagrams for the Euro car:

Ferrari_456_lights_Euro

The diagrams are different from the Workshop manual because I made them ;)

Did you change all 3 headlight motor relays? i.e. D, E & F?

It's unlikely that a ground or motor contact would cause simultaneous problems on two headlights.

greasemonyet likes this.
  21. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    P.S. I may need to recheck that diagram. I thought the output of relay D pin 87 should go to the "A" contacts of the lift motor internal switches. That's the way it works on the F355. When the headlight pod is fully up, the switch moves to contact B and the motor stops.

Note that the motor only runs in one direction. It's the linkages on the pod which change the direction. It's like the pistons and crankshaft in the engine. The pistons go up and down, but the crankshaft only rotates in one direction.

22. Renars

Renars Rookie

Sep 12, 2019
    Latvia
    Full Name:
    Renars Plinte
    Thank you @Qavion,

The quality of your diagrams are unbelievable.

Yes I checked all 3 relays. They are good. There is contacts in the motors themselves and sometimes the internal gasket go bad. Need to check it also. But at first will go through wires using your an @franschman diagrams.

Thanks a lot. You realy helped me.

Qavion likes this.
  23. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #24 Qavion, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    True, but why would both headlight motor contacts fail at the same time?

Hopefully the wire colours on the car are visible because the Workshop Manual diagrams don't tell you if the pictures of the connectors show the front or back of the connectors.

The headlight motor connectors (car side, not motor side) are 2A and 22A

Image Unavailable, Please Login

These workshop manual images may show the back of the connector where the wires are or the front of the connector where the pins are. I haven't worked on these cars before, so I really need someone to tell me if it is the wire side or the pin side. I've added numbers to the left hand side plug in the diagram above, but I don't know if they are correct.

Regarding the headlight motor side of the connector: It may be possible to do a few simple resistance checks to figure out what the internals look like. Pins 1 and 2 are the power and earth for the motor. I just need to find out what the function of pins 3~5 are. In the headlight down position, which pins are open and which are closed circuit? (on a good car).

Are the connectors easily accessible?

(EDIT: Note that the NV (green/black) wire on these connectors may have 12volts battery power with the headlight down. Be careful when disconnecting them)

24. Renars

Renars Rookie

Sep 12, 2019
    Latvia
    Full Name:
    Renars Plinte
    Hello,

Im not a pro in electics. I can't masure resistance. Sorry. I can check wires for damages and measure the voltage between connectors etc. I will try to track down wires from beginning to end of the wire chain using your diagram, but, I guess, thats it.
    The connectors at the motors are easy accesible. You dont need to remoove anything to diconnect them.