2018 Chicago Region Events | FerrariChat

2018 Chicago Region Events

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by F1tommy, Dec 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Time for next years events thread. I am still waiting for the 2018 Fuelfed and Rise And Drive schedules. Also Ferrari Expo art and literature show will be in mid March as usual and Continental AutoSports. Please post any other sportscar events in the Chicago region you find get information on.

First off the Chicago Auto show. Also posting the main events at Road America and Air Venture 2018.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JosephMBradley and tifosi12 like this.
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    F1tommy likes this.
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I don't know why the text is so jumbled. It says Hugh Ruthven's "The Finish Line" is now open for the Christmas season once again in downtown Barrington. Also, I apologize for the lousy quality photos from my phone. Anyway, very cool stuff. If you're familiar with his display at the Model and Literature Expo every year, it's all that but about 5 times more stuff!

847-382-3020

www.thefinishlinestore.com

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Looking forward to Continental's next spring event. Working on a 1965 F1 Ferrari for the model contest. :)

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    tifoso2728 likes this.
  6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Here is the rest of the Fuelfed 2018 schedule. They seem to be trying to make the September Winnetka Ferrari and October event more formal. Put that on your schedule as it is always a lot of fun, and bring out the vintage Ferrari's, Maserati's, Alfa Romeo's, OSCA's, Lancia's ect. !!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Thought I better post this on the events thread also. Continental should have a few classic cars on display as usual, maybe even the blue Lancia Stratos :)

We have the Fuelfed swap meet coming up in a few weeks along with the Chicago Auto Show 2018.

40th Annual Ferrari Literature, Art and Model Expo
    Saturday- MARCH 10th. 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

FREE GENERAL ADMISSION

The Central States Region is proud to announce the 40th annual Literature, Art and
    Model Expo at Continental Auto Sports, 420 E. Ogden Ave., Hinsdale, IL.

The EXPO is the perfect time to start, add to, or complete your collection of Ferrari,
    Maserati, and Italian sports car memorabilia, models, art work, yearbooks, sales
    brochures, postcards, photographs etc. It’s also a good opportunity to meet, mingle and
    share stories with other car enthusiasts on a day dedicated to Italian automobiles.

The model car contest, which drew 65 entries last year, continues. Quality of
    detailing and wide variety of automobiles: historic and current street and race cars were
    impressive. To enter the model contest, please contact Tom Tanner at 630/ 766-2098.

Continental Auto Sports is located 20 minutes south of O’Hare International Airport
    and just west of I-294 (Tri-State Tollway.) 630/ 655-3535

If you are interested in being a vendor, contact Hugh Ruthven at 847 382-3020. fax
    number is 847 382-1439.email: [email protected] .

tifosi12 likes this.
  8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Blue Lancia Stratos?

Uh, oh!

9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Changes for the 2018 Milwaukee Concours d'Elegance . Now all they need to do is get the quality of the cars back up to what it was between 2009-2012, although 2016 was very nice.

Event is Sunday August 5th 2018 in downtown Milwaukee.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Next Saturday is the first event for Fuelfed 2018. The swap meet is located at the Last Detail.

If you guys are looking for something different and interesting for this summer how about this little thing. I do not know the owner and cannot give any info on it but it sure would attract attention at the Fuelfed events!! The SZ's are finally old enough to import without modification so several have been brought over.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Alfa-Romeo-GTV-SZ-ES30-Zagato-6C-4C-8C-S-Z/222798905689?hash=item33dfd98159:g:y4sAAOSw9hdaNAvi&vxp=mtr

WJC likes this.
  11. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I am looking forward to the swap meet and have yet to got to The Last Detail. I saw their tent at the Milwaukee Concours and have been meaning to stop by!

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  13. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I was planning to attend the swap meet but some family obligations are getting in the way. If anyone is there and happens to notice any 7 1/2 x 15 cromodora star mags (center spline style used on the 365 series cars) could you send me a P.M. ? I’ll invoke a hall pass and haul buns up there. Thanks.

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    No Cromodora star mags that I could see. Maybe better luck at the Ferrari show next month. The Last Detail is a big shop on the north shore. They mainly do work on German and English cars with some American. Nice Aston Martin and 300SL along with a few other luxury cars. Also stopped by Lake Forest Ferrari. Alot more late model Ferrari's on the floor in it's very big Ferrari showroom.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

WJC likes this.
  15. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Thanks. Kinda figured there wouldn't be any there, but worth a shot.

16. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I stopped by and picked up some Rosso Magazines and a Ferrari 456 model.

I wanted to chat with someone with The Last Detail about doing some work on my 97 D90 but I wasn't sure who was who. I will probably give them a call sometime later next week.

17. Wantochamole

Wantochamole Karting

Apr 4, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Phil W.
    The official Ferrari Club of America schedule was released this week....

March 10th – 40th Annual Art, Literature & Model Expo
    April 14th – IMSA Long Beach Grand Prix Viewing Party
    May 12th – Spring Drive
    May 26th – Ferraris and Coffee at Lake Forest Market Square
    June 10th – Summer Drive
    July 1st – FCA Rise & Drive at Collectors Car Garage
    July 15th – Oak Brook Polo Match - “Horses & Horsepower”
    August 5th – Ferraris and Coffee at Labriola Bakery in Oak Brook
    August 18th – 19th – FCA Track Weekend at Putnam Raceway
    September 9th – Ferrari Festival at the Italian Village
    September 30th – FuelFed Coffee & Classics Ferrari Day in Winnetka
    October 14th – Fall Drive
    October 21st – US Grand Prix Viewing Party

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Great line up of events!

Any word on if Ferraris on Oak will be happening again?

WJC likes this.
  19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #19 F1tommy, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  20. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Setting up for the FCA Model and Literature meet at Continental Auto Sports from a few years ago . . .

This always fun event is this Saturday, March 10th at Continental Auto Sports, 410 E. Ogden Ave. in Hinsdale. Vendor set up at 7:00am and open to the public at 9:00am. All that's required is you bring your enthusiasm (and some money to buy things!) and enjoy all the cool stuff as well as the amazing hospitality from the awesome staff at Continental. Be there!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F1tommy likes this.
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    tifoso2728 likes this.
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Official Rise and Drive calendar for 2018. I am trying to see if they will listen and allow photo taking inside. If not I will not go.

Image Unavailable, Please Login