24 Hours of Le Mans & Alonso | FerrariChat

24 Hours of Le Mans & Alonso

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jgonzalesm6, Jan 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    NürScud, Sammy73 and Boomhauer like this.
  2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    That’s a really strong team. All F1 drivers. If the car holds up (unlikely), and if they avoid crash damage (unlikely) and if the other car moves over (likely) they should be favourites for this race as the only factory lmp1 in the field!

Surely this is Toyotas year.... Surely..?!

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Surprised they chose to keep Lopez and put Davidson as reserve but excited to see Alonso at LM. Should be a shoe in for victory but recent editions and Le Mans jinx, suspense. luck, je ne sais quoi, tell differently...

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's funny. Do they have a snow tire option? :)

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes it is snowing again today; but you should have seen Paris on Wednesday morning: 3 to 4 inches of snow, and utter chaos everywhere; our Canadians "cousins" watching the mayhem on TV were rolling in laughter.
    That said, the veil of snow in the morning, just at the time when the first light appeared, and before everyone dirtied it, was very nice.

Rgds

jgonzalesm6 and G. Pepper like this.
  6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    They are beautiful and rare photos.

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    WEC moves Fuji race date for Alonso, but creates controversial IMSA clash per Autosport.

also

WEC reveals 10-car LMP1 field for this year's Le Mans 24 Hours as well as 2018/19 superseason per Autosport.

8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Privately a lot of people are deeply offended that IMSA have been asked to move Petit Le Mans to cater to one individual - Fred.

9. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    It shows a lot about the desperation in the WEC offices right now if they are willing to screw over other teams and drivers to bring in one driver to race. What a stupid move on their part.

10. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    At least one long-standing member of the endurance paddock has already referred to it as licking Alonso's private parts.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I don't think that's very private. people are pissed.

and honestly it's a terrible precedent to set. I think this is the beginning of the end of all the genuflecting over getting Alonso into your series. it will end up being bad for WEC's image.

12. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    I am looking forward to LeMans again. I am dying to see how Fred does in traffic. I think we are going to see quite the show on how not to pass. This ain't F1. ;)

13. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Seen the Magnus press release?

GuyIncognito likes this.
  14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It is brilliance!

15. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    #16 Turbopanzer, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    I would say that Fred has made few people a wee bit upset. Maybe the team's should consider a "vacation" from said events in order to send a message. 6months planning shot to hell all because Fred? He is good, but he ain't that good.

16. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    It's not Fred's fault. The WEC made the decision.

17. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Who pays for all the costs associated with making this calendar change for IMSA? (rhetorical obviously - everyone who incurs costs for flights, hotels, lost opportunities, etc is screwed) What a disgusting farce the WEC have made of things.

18. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Don't care. There's not many drivers that I have much of an opinion on, no heroes, etc but Fred is one I definitely dislike so it is his fault. Period. Why can't he just stay in his own sandbox instead of disrupting everyone else's?

19. Naah. 'Had plenty of practice at Daytona. :)

Turbopanzer likes this.
  20. What about IMSA? I'm missing something again, I guess.

21. jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  22. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    #23 vinuneuro, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    If he wins this year does it count; they are the only manufacturer team? Though with the combined luck of Alonso/Toyota, the two cars will probably take each other out of the race in the first corner. ;)

23. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Not missing anything - I'm referring to IMSA being asked to move Petit Le Mans - you know, 6 months+ since the date was set, plans were made, flights and rooms were booked, etc, etc. Not to mention driver contracts, car leases, freight, etc.

24. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Hence the "vacation". You simply cancel for said event now and cut the travel and team race expenses for this race. Let 30 or so team's do so and the WEC has a rather large problem. Then will see how big their pants are. Team's prepare months in advance and changing this around for one driver is totally unacceptably.