50 years of Ferrari Dino celebrations 30th of June 2018 | FerrariChat

50 years of Ferrari Dino celebrations 30th of June 2018

Discussion in '206/246' started by GermanDino, Nov 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Dear Ferrari Dino owners,

the date is set for the 50 years of Ferrari Dino celebrations at the factory in Maranello, it`s going to be Saturday the 30th of June 2018. (end of June 1968 left the first production Dino 206 GT #00106 the factory)
    The plan is to bring 206 Ferrari Dinos to the factory. We will meet at Fiorano in the late morning and we will do a few laps on the Ferrari private racetrack and then drive to the factory. There we will have a special guided tour through the production halls and then have lunch with the Ferrari workers in the factory canteen. We will depart via the old factory gate where we have arranged a professional photo shoot of you and your car!
    The costs will be € 300,- per person, a maximum of two people per Ferrari Dino allowed, participation is only possible with a Ferrari Dino 206 GT, 246 GT/GTS 0r 208/308 GT4. If you are interested, please contact me through: [email protected]
    Once you signed up for the factory day and paid your contribution to costs to the Ferrari Club Deutschland your participation is binding and can`t be canceled, no refund possible.

Around the factory day (28th of June until 1st of July 2018) the Ferrari Club of Germany does also a three day Ferrari Dino meeting nearby Bologna with about 90 Ferrari Dinos. I have only some very few places left for Dino owners being interested from oversea to join us... for more information please contact me too...

Regards Matthias

(logo copyright Götz Seidel)

Attached Files:

2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    synchro, miurasv, mcimino and 2 others like this.
  3. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Really looking forward to this Matthias. Thank you for organising

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I am very keen to be in on this, Matthias. How soon to you need a commitment?

5. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    cool... I expect a few guys will come from the UK... I don`t need your commitment now... as soon as you know for sure let me know...

6. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Hi Matthias, many thanks for the invite, please know that my Son Robert and I would love to join you .............. my completed entry form just got bounced back, I'll try again, cheers and kindest regards, Kev.

7. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sounds like a great event!

8. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    hotel recommendation....

I was asked for a hotel recommendation... I would choose the Bioardo Hotel. I stayed at his hotel in September during the 70 years of Ferrari celebrations. It`s about 20 min away from Maranello, quite new, perfect underground parking for the Dino!

http://www.boiardohotel.com/

9. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    update ....
    I´m just coming back from my Christmas holidays and want to give an update on the 50 years of Ferrari Dino celebrations at the factory in Maranello in June 2018.
    I just had the first two firm bookings from the US for the three day event... I´m still looking for overseas participations, nothing from Japan yet.... come on this is a once in a life time Dino event...! If we don´t get further oversea bookings, I will allocate the remaining places to Europe, we have a waiting list for the three day event over here....
    Regarding the one day event at the factory we just had ten Ferrari Dino bookings from Austria... plenty of interest from the UK... but slow bookings from Italy and hardly anything from France or Benelux... please don`t wait until the last minutes... we want in total 206 Ferrari Dinos at the factory.... approx. 120 firm bookings so far....

10. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Matthias, I posted the link on a French forum. Maybe there are still some Dino owners here...

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I'd like to suggest also the Maranello Palace right behind the factory, freshly renovated, and with a pretty good underground car park as well.
    I have stayed there dozens of times in the past 20 years or so.
    I already know that some participants of the Dino Event will stay at that hotel.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds and tifoso2728 like this.
  12. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Ferrari Dino owners in the UK....
    I have plenty of interested out of the UK to come to the factory day but most aren`t registered yet....
    Maybe somebody is interested in coordinating the traveling to Maranello from the UK.... to have 20 to 30 Dinos driving together sounds fantastic to me....

13. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Matthias and any UK owners

My itinerary probably won't suit to join any other UK owners en route as I am taking my GT4 to Chinon for the Classic the weekend before, then staying near Mulhouse en route to my sister in law near the northern end of the Simplon pass, then on the way back a night at Lago d'Orta before another couple of nights with my sister in law then going to the Le Mans Classic the weekend after. I will however be driving across the Simplon pass down to Maranello on Thurs 28th June if anyone is going that route. But would be good to compare notes and meet up for meals etc in Maranello over the weekend. Either PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Sadly the date you have chosen doesn't work for me. It is the day before my 25th. wedding anniversary.

It's not so much the divorce that would follow my deciding to abort our plans to be somewhere completely different at the time in order to participate in your event that is the problem. That in itself would be a small price to pay for the pleasure of driving my Dino to Maranello.;)

It's just that I would probably have to sell the Dino as part of the divorce settlement. :(

of2worlds and tifoso2728 like this.
  15. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I took my wife to Maranello for our 25th anniversary in 1998. She loved it. Especially after I had taken her to Rome, Umbria and Venice for 2 weeks either side of my day in Maranello:)

F

16. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    By that I mean one week either side. Not even I would think 2 weeks either side a fair price ;-)

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I take your point. However, we spent 3 weeks in Rome only just last autumn, we have been to Venice before, and we have been to Italy on holiday once or twice a year for about the last 10 years (mainly Tuscany, but a couple of years back we also went to Modena to visit friends and collect my Maserati from the factory), so it somehow doesn't really cut the ice as a "once in a lifetime" sort of trip worthy of a 25th. anniversary.

However, I am still working on it. She even said "if you really want to . . ." the other day, but wives have selective memories and I doubt that particular comment would be recollected for very long after the event!;)

18. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Ha - all sounds familiar! My wife does enjoy riding in the GT4, though maybe not for days on end. What she doesn't like is hotel hopping, ie moving from place to place. So she decided to give this one a miss. We were in Maranello last Sept for the 70th, albeit in the daily driver, so she thinks she has had her fix for the moment.

19. DINO 34

DINO 34 Rookie

Mar 30, 2011
    FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hi Matthias,
    I'am late but do you still have a place left for this special event for a french Dino ?
    If yes tell me the way to join and book
    Thanks
    Patrick

20. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson

21. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Is there room for me. I’ll bring from 206 from California!!

22. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    sure Jon.... I would be delighted.... take Shawn on board too....
    another three Dinos from Florida are keen to come....
    great stuff!

isuk likes this.
  23. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    new update:

we are approaching 130 Ferrari Dinos registered... more and more interested from the USA, fantastic!... one guy registered from Indonesia.. !!!
    #04504, ex John Corbani Dino, will participate in the factory day on 30 of June.... I think that`s lovely to have his Dino around, very special...

but we need more people / Dinos from France, Italy and Benelux... these regions are still week... especially France with only two Dinos joining so far is a joke.... can anybody distribute the event in France in French... seems like English is still a problem in these countries...

24. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Matthias, see posts 10 & 19.

25. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    yes... thank you... but no response so far.....