Daytona Rolex 24 2018 | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Daytona Rolex 24 2018

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 444sp, Dec 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Best team won..congrats to filipe, João ao fittipaldi...

Makuono likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Bad way to start the year for Ferrari. But who cares..we have a SUV coming.

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  5. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    True. Maybe we can look forward to a Ferrari tackling the bahahaha 1000 or some slick rock in Utah.

6. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    "My" car did it again!
    LeMans and now Daytona

Kinda know what you need in an endurance car!

Devilsolsi, Boomhauer and Nuvolari like this.
  7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    congrats Brian :)

that was a thorough ass whooping....

Renman57 likes this.
  8. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    The Ford GT represents my concept of what a proper car is suppose to be.
    A bit more "wiz bangy" than I would want for a street car but what Ford wanted.
    I would have gone for less of the fancy stuff in exchange for less mass.
    And an N.A. engine but was Ford's choice on the V6 and it does work.

Foe me I really want a Ferrari car that is based on the Lotus Exige/Elise concept.
    Light weight, small, super nimble and responsive, with no driver aids at all. And for me-no doors or roof!

(For me the Lotus 2-Eleven comes close to a perfect car). Maybe a bit too heavy and too much creature comforts! (Lol)

GuyIncognito likes this.
  9. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    The very first thing I did in laying out the car was grab a 2d outline of the interior (cockpit) of an Elise S1 and S2 as references. These were the very minimal limits I would work with. Gave it more room-added some width but not much else. Really, really worked hard on keeping greenhouse width as narrow as possible.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    BMW isn't very happy with the GT, or the BoP for their school bus... :rolleyes:

11. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
  12. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    As a Corvette fan, I appreciate the fact that our front engine cars that are engineered to the max are on the heels of a dedicated race car from ford. At the end of last year the Porsche was killing everyone. It is interesting how from one year to the next, for all these makes being so close in performance towards the end of last year, start the year off being so far off and the BOP being the only method of bringing things back. Such as when Corvette wins Daytona and Sebring only to be reigned in for the sake of a competitive year. Same use to happen with the Viper. Congrats to ford. It will not last as with all things.

13. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    For my first 24, that was damn fun. I have 100s of pics. But first, sleep. Between our race and stuff, and the 24, I don't think I've had more than 15 hours of sleep since Wednesday.

I was really hoping the #33 was going to make it on fuel. I was in their pit just before the call was made to bring em in, and I'm glad I left... morale went to zero I'm sure.

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Already been a statement issued about discussions between BMW and IMSA and changes to take place going forward. ;-)

GuyIncognito likes this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    yep

BMW, IMSA to discuss BoP for future US races after criticism

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BMW has followed up on its criticism of the IMSA Balance of Performance for this weekend's Daytona 24 Hours with a new statement asserting its commitment to the system.

The German manufacturer claimed ahead of the race that its GT Le Mans class M8 GTE had not been treated fairly by the organiser of the IMSA SportsCar Championship.

Its latest statement read: "BMW and IMSA will continue productive and open talks and have agreed to find an appropriate BoP assessment for the upcoming events starting with Sebring [the next round of the series in March], allowing the BMW M8 GTE to show is performance.

BMW stated that it had been "working together with IMSA for years in a positive and constructive manner" and stressed that the BoP was an "integral part of global sportscar racing".

Jens Marquardt, BMW Motorsport boss, said in the pre-race communication that the marque had "not been treated fairly".

"We know we have a car that is capable of running with the leaders and ask for fairness in the BoP assessment," he said.

BMW qualified at the back of the GTLM class, despite two performance breaks ahead of race week.

The pair of Rahal-run M8 GTEs have made little impression in the race at Daytona this weekend, although Alexander Sims briefly ran as high as fourth at the wheel of the #25 car in the opening stages.

The #24 car was the best-place BMW in seventh, eight laps down on the class-leading Fords, as the race approached its final hour.

https://www.autosport.com/imsa/news/134099/bmw-imsa-to-discuss-bop-after-criticism

16. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Not the best 24, but appreciated the lack of cautions, although it made it impossible for trailing teams teams to grab a lap or three. Never liked the PC class but maybe a fourth class is necessary. Touring Prototypes perhaps - Closed cockpits from years gone by, take the cobwebs off the Old Gnarlys and put them to use. ;).

17. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I'm happy for the bull. Great race!

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Eh...I think 3 classes is good as there are a large number of cars per class. Adding a fourth will just end up with like 5-6 competitors. The PC and GX classes were small and would sometimes end up only having enough people finish to fill the podium and legitimately risk having not enough running cars to fill all 3 podium spots. If they were to bring back a 4th class, I'd hope PC over GX-style, which to me is only dangerous by creating slow moving road blocks.

19. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
  20. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Very small world. Before boarding a plane I was talking to the younger gentleman that's in the front of your picture you took of the Risi car and team on the grid. He made it sound like he and his father (who he is kneeling with) were pretty close to the team and that picture certainly confirms it! He was really nice and showed me video footage of the unfortunate fire that caused issues during the pit stop.

21. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    That's awesome!

Even smaller world, I'm friends with the guy that was on the fire bottle for that pit stop, who I originally met in line to board a plane lol.

22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Throwback Tuesday

Ferrari 375 Indianapolis : Bob Said - new record (170.538 mph) during the Speed Trials At the 1955 Daytona Speed Week.

23. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Wow! Now that would be a rush to experience.

24. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  25. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Enjoyed my 24 at the Ferrari hospitality tent ~ and then went looking for you Chris... But only found your car. Maybe next time!