New Ford GT | Page 72 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    #1776 dbk, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    I'm sorry, after attempting to decipher that bombed-out grammatical disaster area, it's still not clear to me if you understand that 2:38.62 is faster than 2:40.2. Can you clarify?

I have to chuckle at the notion that being deemed "decisively" more exciting than a 675LT or 458 Speciale, the two most exciting cars made by their manufacturers and two of the most exciting cars ever made, is a disappointment. Those are some amazing cars. Being deemed decisively more exciting than those guys, well that's saying something. In addition to clobbering the ACRs track record at VIR. All while being wrapped in a design for the ages.

What's my interest in the new GT? Really? Um, I own one. What's yours? You seem very upset over it, and have been for a sustained period of time.

2. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Nice dodge. Let's try again.

I posted HARD DATA. You questioned my "bias" (as if that magically influenced the objective data about weight, power, fuel efficiency, performance at VIR, etc). I answered.

Two simple questions ... remember, this is YOUR game, not mine:

1. Have you ever been paid by Ford, Multimatic, or any vendors that supply parts or services to the new Ford GT?
    2. How many webpages do you routinely visit, to defend the seemingly unending disappointments concerning the new Ford GT?

3. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    So I take it you just won't bring yourself to admit the GT easily beat the ACR lap time? Car and Driver set their all-time record with the GT, beating the ACR. Hard data. Billy Johnson easily beat Chris Winkler's time in the ACR. Hard data.

I questioned your bias because I refuse to believe anyone could exhibit this level of animus towards an inanimate object unless they were harboring unchecked aggression related to feelings of rejection. Trying to read your posts is enough to give anyone a migraine with the endless rancorous use of random capitalizations and ellipses and italics and parentheses.

I don't know what you think you're trying to discover here. I own an 06 Ford GT. I own a 2017 Ford GT. I own fordgtforum.com. Breaking news: Ford GT guy likes Ford GT. Do you think the fact I have had a trivial level of involvement with outside suppliers related to the GT somehow colors my opinion more than the fact I own the car?

I visit websites I like of cars I own or have owned, which are numerous, and if Ford GT is a topic there, I discuss it.

4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    So, after laughable attempts to dodge the question, you FINALLY admit that you have a FINANCIAL INTEREST in the new Ford GT ... beyond just ownership. The ONLY threads you post on ... here on FerrariChat ... are threads related to the Ford GT. That pretty much makes you a paid troll ... and you question MY bias, regarding the new Ford GT? Laughable. Remember ... YOU opened the door about "bias", and how that might influence "hard data" ... NOT me.

I'm sorry if my complex grammar was over your head, or confused you :( I'll try to keep it simple this time :

1. By the numbers, the new Ford GT has been a disappointment : in price, in weight, in power, in fuel efficiency (not a disappointment to me, i'm not the one advertising "eco-boost")

2. After YOU proudly posted the laptime at VIR, i posted a very PUBLIC webpage showing how badly the car was beat by the Viper and Vette. Here it is again :

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014

3. Now, you claim to be privy to a secret laptime posted by the new Ford GT at VIR. Congrats! But I hope you don't think you're the only one with "secret info" ... ;)

4. The magazine reviews are rolling in. The results are yet ANOTHER disappointment for the car. Here's the Car and Driver summary, again :

"So even if the GT can’t beat its obvious rivals on manners, performance, or value, it scores a decisive win on excitement."

You're satisfied about the last clause, concerning "excitement" :) but if i were paying a cool half-million, i'd be more concerned about the first clause ... where the new Ford GT is an obvious failure EVERYWHERE ELSE, including VALUE and PERFORMANCE :(

I hope you enjoy the car. Really, i do. I've got nothing else to add. The recent 3rd-party results and reports are saying it all ...

Challenge likes this.
  5. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Your grammar is not complex. It's improper, juvenile and virtually unreadable.

You obviously just can't admit the GT beat the ACR. That's weird, but it's ok. The quote you're using from Car and Driver comes from an issue in which the car set their lap record, again, beating the ACR. I'm not claiming to be privy to a secret lap time. It's public. You can go ahead and look at Billy Johnson's media pages to see he re-posted it. You could also ask KC Colwell too since it was done right before he drove the car for their LL time. He knew what Johnson ran as well. So again, hard data, GT is fastest car ever tested at most demanding road course in America by Car and Driver, and faster than previous track record by ACR.

I hope you consider a switch to decaf.

6. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I hope you enjoy the car, and the financial benefits it brings you :) And i hope to see you posting elsewhere, here on F-chat!

of2worlds likes this.
  7. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
  8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    dbk ... may i offer a truce?

I really, REALLY am a HUGE Ford fan. As i've posted MANY times ... in this thread alone ... i've owned the last gen Ford GT, and more Mustangs of more varieties than i can count (literally). If i appear to be "hard" on the new Ford GT, it's only because i expect and demand more, from those marques i hold in higher regard. Yes, it's true that i find the new Ford GT to be a disappointment. So much so, in fact, that i ordered a Shelby/Superformance Anniversary Edition, instead of pursuing the new GT (and one day soon, i hope the damn motor will be finished and installed!).

I know i'm not alone in my disappointment, but i've already voiced my concerns. So i'll stop being critical, and allow the fans to voice their praise ... with no more criticism from me.

Fair enough?

9. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    Arguing with DBK or Sinovac is an exercise in futility. They are both smarter, cooler, richer - simply better than everyone else, especially those that have any negative comments for the NFGT. They are smug trolls trying to rile up the Ferrari crowd - 99% of their postings on Fchat are defending their car and 98% in this thread alone. They are even bigger *******s on the Ford GT forum where they gang up with an army of FGT disciples to attack any negative comments as if you denigrated their family.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to defend the car that they truly love, there's just a way to do it with a little decency and respect. As a fellow FGT owner, I'm embarrassed that one of the biggest players in the FGT community (DBK got #40 off the line) trolls the interwebs with such condescending, classless banter.

10. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Twist-a-grip, below is a trip down memory lane. My May 7, 2017 response to your last off-base analysis:

“I can certainly understand how someone like you would get the impression that I think I'm smarter, since I don't believe an emotional response is a substitute for rational, critical thinking. I post in only two threads here, both involving the Ford GT, a subject I know about. If you want me to follow your example, I can post in other threads about subjects I know nothing about.”

By the way, if by “bigger *******s” you meant to imply “enthusiasts”, you’re missing three asterisks, unless, of course, you meant something less decent and respectful.

11. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Would you really say Ford GT guys posting in the "American Muscle" section in the "New Ford GT" thread is trying to rile up the Ferrari crowd? It's not like we're arguing in the 488 section or something. It's a section and a topic dedicated to a specific car. You would think it would be a positive that people keep their posts to threads relevant to their cars. It's hardly trying to rile up the Ferrari crowd by posting in a section and thread that has nothing to do with Ferrari.

Please, give me a little credit, my car was a lot sooner than 40th off the line.

p.s, for a guy concerned with respect and decorum, perhaps you should engage in some self-reflection. Hope that didn't come off as smug. 4 of your last 5 posts including the above:

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Sure. All for entertainment value. No harm done.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My version of "a truce" is that the new Ford GT is one hell of a car and Ford should be applauded for making it. They didn't just make "another Ford GT". They made something incredibly special. They went over the top and outside the box. Ford made something Ferrari would be proud of and at 1/3 the price they would ask for it.

I will always have problem in the way Ford has gone about it as I think it was not fair to many. I'm not crazy some "internet stars" got them when some really deserving supporters of Ford didn't. But that should not taint the car or what it's done in racing, which is amazing.

And those who are lucky enough to get one, congrats. That's pretty darn awesome. Enjoy it.

Jo Sta7 and SteveA like this.
  14. stuntman

stuntman Karting

May 23, 2005
    West Palm, FL
    Why do people even pay attention to fastestlaps.com? They seem to pick and choose what laps they list, completely ignore and fail to update some tracks, and have known false laps in their listings. They are far from credible or current.

Gh21631 likes this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You know Mayor every once and a while you have a real great post.

Gh21631 likes this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    But not often enough, unfortunately. :)

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  17. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Maybe there is hope for peace in the Middle East. Ha

All these cars are very cool. There is something for everyone.

18. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Meh - you guys call this drama? Wait until Chevy releases the C8 / ME Corvette...I suspect some rioting, looting, and who knows what else? :D:D:D:D:D

19. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I LOVE , LOVE.......
    GTJOEY1314

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Apples and Oranges. Chevy needs to really step up on the ME. Will they get past their bean counters???? Not sure.

21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I mean the fans - you see the nonsense over at CF???

Brutal.

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When I had a Vette I would post at on the CF. I gave up. Looney!

rdefabri likes this.
  23. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  24. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas