new lexus "sport" car | FerrariChat

new lexus "sport" car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 11506apollo, Jan 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    there is a new lexus with a very sporty and nice looks out there. I saw a couple but could not identify it. They seem to have done a great design job. It may have 500 in its name, so I assume it has a 5 L V8.

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    When they came to the showroom floor I went and looked but I did get sticker shock. The LC500 they had a sticker at $105,000. I could go around the corner and get a C63s AMG for less with far better performance. I think they over priced the LC500

4. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

5. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
  6. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Perhaps try looking more closely, not sure what else to tell you.

7. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Not a fan of the "Big mouth Billy Bass" cheese grater front end.

8. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Whatever, I'll take your word for it. The pic was from an article reviewing the RCF and identified it as an RCF.

9. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm a major fan of all things Japanese, almost exclusively owned Japanese cars throughout my life. Designs like the original 240Z, the Z32 300ZX, the FD RX-7 and others have been awesome. The original Acura line was a brilliant move by Honda, something Toyota did even better with Lexus. I owned a GS400, which was amazing - I'll always love those cars.

What the hell happened? This car - and the entire Lexus line up - look like ****. Hell, none of the current Japanese designs are very pleasing, outside of MAYBE the Nissan Murano, IMHO.

I agree with you 100% - lame design, so overwrought and too busy with angles. Not interested.

G. Pepper and Texas Forever like this.
  10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Got it, it's actually an RC 350 F Sport (3.5 V6 pedestrian version). The RC F (5.0 V8 performance car) has much wider fender flares front & rear, front fender vents (due to wider fenders), a different front fascia with much larger air intakes, much wider wheels, a pronounced hood bulge, quad exhausts, etc. The difference in looks is similar to a 435i vs. M4.

11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

To the OP, I agree the LC 500 looks great. It's perhaps the only car on the road that truly looks like a rolling concept car. The 5.0 L V8 in a sea of turbocharged V6's is a nice touch too, it sounds amazing inside & out.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah but back seats that barely fit a small dog and 0 luggage space. For a GT you would hope to fit one set of clubs. The rear seats dont fold down just a bad design. I do like the look though, inside and out.

13. JCR

JCR F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Mazda is the only Japanese maker currently on a roll with their styling. Honda, Toyota and their sub brands WTF?

rdefabri and carguyjohn350 like this.
  14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  15. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Having owned an RC350 F-Sport, I could tell it was the wrong car as well. The front fascia and fenders give it away. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra 20k two years ago to make the jump to the RCF.

16. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Awful! but, I agree... from the front wheels back.

That is horrible. Would never have a car that looked that bad.

17. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry the front end still has that horrible front Lexus look. I have hated that look since it came out, then Infiniti started coping it. I really dislike what they are doing. The new Camry is sexy so what can't Lexus come up with a better design. They seem to be lazy using that terrible front end on everything.

18. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Agree with the awfull front grille. Hope this DartVader trend disapears soon

19. Topazy

Topazy Rookie

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Topari Clavin
    Cross shopped it and its baby 350 brothers. Ultimately got the Mustang GT.
    The problem Lexus have is they have a classier GT, with similar power and performance, for the low, low cost of two GTs.
    On the other hand, they have air conditioned seats that actually work, as opposed to Ford’s utter failure of seat AC.
    And the slidey over gauge cluster is just bad ass.
    regards
    Topazy.

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Is that a bug zapper up front? :)