What's your other car??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What's your other car???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by CliffBeer, Jul 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eurospec

eurospec F1 Veteran

May 29, 2005
    Mt Isa. Australia
    Full Name:
    mohamad
    picture please of your R34

2. eurospec

eurospec F1 Veteran

May 29, 2005
    Mt Isa. Australia
    Full Name:
    mohamad
  3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Truck is about 5,000 lbs, trailer with car/tires/tools is about 4,000 lbs. Have no problem with sway or trailer push. Works fine, even with the MANY mountain roads/passes around here. The Ranger's ECU seems to realize when i am towing and changes the engine's electronic MGT for higher torque. Takes about 10 minutes of towing for it to happen. The fun part is that when i unhitch the truck from the trailer i have about 20 minutes of this high torque curve to have fun with. MAN-O-MAN that Ranger has some pulling power when in this mode WITHOUT the trailer!

FYI: without the Trailex tire rack/additional tires the weight distribution was such that the 308 needed to be close to the battery box/winch, but was no problem. With the added front trailer weight of the tire rack and additional tires (about 250 lbs) the car is now further back, center to a small touch back from the pair of trailer tires. Will be loading her back on the trailer tomorrow or Wednesday for this weekend's Lime Rock event and can take a pic if you want.

The Ranger with 4L engine and 4.10 auto tranny are fine and the truck came std with tranny cooler. i pass 18-wheelers at good highway speeds and there is no problem with sway. Guess the low CG of the Featherlite works wonders for this. Also lowered the Trailex tire rack so that the tires easily clear the front of the car and make for lower CG than if i just had the tires at the highest level on the rack. Have enjoyed many trips to NHIS, one to Watkins Glen (6 hour drive with quite a bit of small winding mountain roads), and also Lime Rock (3 hour drive, mainly highway).

PS: Use the Prodigy unit to control the brakes and set her at 4.3 to 4.4V. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Prodigy unit!!!!!

To sum up, all is working great and i have no complaints really. Sure a few more HP/TQ would be nice, but frankly can easily go at full speed on the highways, while up the many steep mountain roads she just downshifts and can still do 65mph. A nicely balanced, solid setup for lowish $$$ plus it is nice to have extra fluids, tools, tires, jack, stands, etc with me at the track.

5. ForzaMaranello

ForzaMaranello Karting

Jul 15, 2006
    Louisville CO.
    Full Name:
    Robert T
    95 M3 with 19K original miles virgin car except for drop in K&N
    98 Durango
    04 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually Quad Cab
    06 Charger Daytona R/T #1278 (daily driver)
    74 Alfa GTV 42K original miles, re painted Rosso Corsa!
    72 Chevy Cheyenne Super w/ factory BB
    (2) BMW 2002 race cars

6. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I can't tell clearly from the picture but it appears that you are not using a torsion bar/equalizer hitch setup. I highly recommend it if you don't have it. I've been towing race cars for 30+ years and the difference is night and day.

Oh yeah, my other car is a GMC Yukon XL Denali. :)

7. JavierT10

JavierT10 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Full Name:
    Javier
    Faster than your 550?

BTW, you have a PM.

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    GMC... nice! You are right, debated getting a tor/eq, though all seems fine. Still, might go for it next month. Many thanks for the heads up.

9. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    #34 smg2, Jul 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Kevin,the background pic of the porsche looks like the 359 off crawley lake. we have a house there, so i'm used to looking at that range. i should dig up last winters pics showing the 8ft of snow.

and in keeping with the thread here's my other driver. my commute is all of 20ft.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    #35 CliffBeer, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Donger, it's a replica made by CAV in South Africa - very true to the original and comes standard with big balls. Smokes the crap out of any ferrari I've driven...but it rides like a go cart.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  11. CliffBeer

CliffBeer Formula 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Cliff
    Ah, that's my daughter. You're not checking out my daughter are you?

Kidding you, that's just some gal at a car show the car was entered in. Your post made me think of a bumper sticker I saw the other day on a pimped ricer with some high school kid driving... "My Other Ride...Is Your Daughter"

12. F430abdo

F430abdo Karting

Mar 8, 2017
    SE Florida
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Davesvt2000 and Boomhauer like this.
  13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

I always wanted one but am afraid I'm too big and old now to make one practical.

I guess by "Other" you mean other than the Ferrari; a 512BB.
    So that would be a 996GT2 (stupid crazy nutso fun), 1st gen NSX, 94 RX7 with <500 miles, 1st yr. Lotus Turbo Esprit.
    My DD is a Volvo S80 (yawn). Actually its pretty nice.

14. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    TR7, TR8, F355 and my cherished 1992 Ford Ranger 4x4. Oh, assorted company vehicles.

max930 likes this.
  15. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I miss my Ford Ranger 4X4, but it was an 04 and not 1992. Since Ford stopped making the Ranger. My other car is a new F150 every two years. Current one was picked up last month. I also have a thing for pre-BMW Rolls Royce's built at Crewe. Have a Spur and next car will be a Shadow II. Then I also like Mercedes, so have an 560 and 420SEL. Next will be a Euro spec 500SL.

16. paul71a

paul71a Rookie

Jul 5, 2017
    Winchfield, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Brazier
    nicholasn, F430abdo and Jo Sta7 like this.
  17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Awesome.

18. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK