Sticky Interior Refinishing - Thank you for looking :) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Sticky Interior Refinishing - Thank you for looking :)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dave rocks, Apr 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  2. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Do you guys have videos somewhere on how best to remove the switches so we can send them to you for refinishing? Without knowledge of how these components are connected there's a greater possibility of damaging them when removing them.

3. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hi Dave, on our YouTube channel we have a limited number of videos showing part removal. 99% of the time, parts are sent to us and we have no access to the car. Given I have a 355 and a Maserati GT I was able to make a few videos. We are starting to get a lot of requests for folks to ship their cars to us but I just don't have enough room in my shop. We may consider an addition at some point to be able to do this.

I do have a local friend who owns a 360 and he has made one video for us. He needs to do his switches to so perhaps at that time he will help us with another video.

4. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Im on it :)

Dave rocks likes this.
  5. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    HI I have a F430..... what is the turn around time ..?
    thanks

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Please send me an email and I'm happy to discuss ;) dave.lelonek@**********.com

Thank you.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    RossoC360 likes this.
  8. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I was hoping you would be showing pics of 430 parts being refinished( mine of course!)
    Don't worry Dave I know perfection takes time and know your are back loggged with the new booth. I can wait. Can't drive the cars here in the east coast till March anyway

9. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Perhaps another silly question... how does your work compare to StickyNoMore?

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I suggest you review our site and make your own decision. Thank you.

11. Riz1

Riz1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2009
    Do you guys do old Porsches also? I noticed some stuff on my 2003 996 is sticky.

12. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    We can but have not yet. We would need to replicate the graphics (no charge to the customer for that) but we need good parts to replicate from. We would also need to compare our coatings to what is used on Porsche (for color).

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Received a 360 order from our long time customer today, Ferrari of Houston. We've done a ton of orders for them and are proud to be their exclusive refinishing company ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hello Folks - here is one of the window switches for the above mentioned order :)

No decals, no paint masks, no failing soft touch coatings - with Sticky RX you get crisp, laser etched graphics (that illuminate as intended) and durable hard touch coatings that will never fail. Why settle for anything less? :cool:

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Top notch Dave! Paint booth setup looks great.

Dave rocks likes this.
  16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you, Jim :)

Hey Guys - so quick little cell phone video that we posted on Instagram @Sticky_Rx showing our laser test panels.

17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ferrari of Houston sent us all the parts for a 360 Challenge Stradale to refinish. These cars have rubber R (Reverse) buttons similar to 430 / 599.

We typically do not refinish the rubber buttons but in this case, no other option was available so we did.

We first stripped the button to bare silicone rubber and they applied a special translucent white and black (to allow flex) followed by laser etching and it came out very well :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Very nice. Great job.

Dan

Randy P. and Dave rocks like this.
  19. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Here is a coating comparison of new OEM Soft Touch (top) and our hard touch (lower, headlight control assembly)

I'd say the color is a perfect match yet ours will never fail and get sticky :)

20. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Very nice!

Dan

Dave rocks likes this.
  21. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you, Dan :)

22. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Superb work Dave. Seriously did you ever think of contacting Ferrari in Maranello and making a bid to become their new interior part refinisher? They would be smart to sign that contract with you. Just a thought but I think you should go for it. They’re outsourcing already so no reason they couldn’t entertain the idea. The only problem is you would have to increase your employee staff and production exponentially and you would have even less time for R&R :)

Dave rocks likes this.
  23. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you, Tom. While I'm flattered, Ferrari doesn't need us. They don't manufacture or paint any of these parts, it's all done by subcontractors, many very established companies.

All Ferrari needs to do is specify a hard touch coating like MacLaren, LandRover, Porsche, etc.

Even if they did that tomorrow, we will have to plenty of business for decades.

And we are working to add more staff and we are working on lean manufacturing because we are committed to continuous improvement.

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Dave, do you sell the reverse/auto f1 plate buttons for the Scud? I sorely need a set.

25. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek