Visit to Lake Como - Looking for a great location/hotel | FerrariChat

Visit to Lake Como - Looking for a great location/hotel

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Gomez, Jan 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gomez

Gomez Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 14, 2017
    LIGHTHOUSE POINT, FL
    Full Name:
    Shorefromtheshore
    Have the in laws meeting us there so I am looking for a location/hotel that is great but reasonable for them as I don’t think they can afford Bellagio.

2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for but Hilton just opened a hotel in Como.

Scott

3. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    https://www.villamirabella.com/

My wife and I stayed here several nights in 2015 and it was absolutely fantastic. Family run and filled with some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Even has a parking garage and it's only a few yards/meters from a water taxi stop. There's a beautiful garden in the rear and also a swimming pool. We stayed in the room that you see in the upper right which faces the lake. Waking up in the morning and opening the shutters to the entire lake was quite nice. I think we paid less than 200 Euro per night?

4. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    We stayed at the Villa Serbelloni in Bellagio, and it was not pricey at that time, but it was 10 years ago. Chartered a boat for a day on the lake, and had an amazing time.

5. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Serbelloni has been THE place to stay for years, but is getting more competition. Ideal location

6. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I would stay away from Como. We Stayed at Cernobio and it was nice and relatively afordable. Cernobio is on the West side just South of Villa d’este and within walking distance to VD.

7. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wish I could help but when I took my GF there I spent the most ever in my life for a hotel room: $1300 a night.

It was pretty awesome though!

9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I stayed in Bellagio at Hotel Metropole in May 2016 and it was fairly priced, especially for Lake District lakefront hotel in Bellagio (200 euro range) and more than good enough. Bellagio is perfectly located imho for visiting the rest of the lake with nice boat rides (but not too long of boat rides):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187834-d314141-Reviews-Hotel_Metropole_Bellagio-Bellagio_Lake_Como_Lombardy.html

The place to stay in Bellagio is Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni. (not sure on price, perhaps 3x Metropole)

Our room at Metropole was directly facing the lake. Amazing views, *some* boat traffic noise.

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Villa d'Este?

(I always wanted to stay there, but that isn't going to happen now that I'm retired...)

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Grand Hotel Tremezzo 5-star, and worth the rating. The real deal. We had a suite like this one hear with a view. Amazing. This is one hotel where the pictures do not do it justice. The grounds around it are amazing. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nembo1777 likes this.
  12. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Hotel Regina Olga in Cernobbio. I stayed there 3 times. The ferry is right in front of it. Next to the main square and Harry’s Bar. You can walk to Villa D’Este.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This past September we stayed at the Palace Hotel. It is right on the waterfront in Como. We had an excellent stay. It's a little extra, but get a lakeside room, the view is spectacular.

We have stayed at Ville d'Este, but it is insanely expensive. From a pure value proposition not really worth it imo.

14. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We just returned from a vacation in Como. We stayed at the Hilton. It was very nice. They have an infinity edge pool overlooking the lake. Very beautiful. And the best part was I cashed in some of my Hilton points and stayed for free :)

Scott

15. elshrago

elshrago Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Villa d' Este nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. The grounds around the hotel are amazing.

Cigarzman likes this.
  16. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    I plan to visit in 2020 and was told to stay at a nearby hotel but definitely have dinner or at least drinks at the Villa.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
  18. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Just ask if you need suggestions for Italy

19. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
  20. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Yes it would have been pretty cold. This was in late June, and it was pretty hot there then.

21. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Como is fantastic, really.