0263 EU coming up for auction? | FerrariChat

0263 EU coming up for auction?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by CarbBoxer, Dec 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
  2. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Barrett-Jackson established their Salon dept. to offer top drawer exotics with reserves app. 5 years ago and initially had much success with the first $2 mil Gullwing and others but have found consistency hard to obtain. I struggle to see them as a legitimate supplier of classic Ferrari in the same sense as Rick Cole and I wonder what financial inducements they offer to secure consignments. For all that, it might just succeed.....

3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Beautiful car that's having a hard time finding a home. I saw it in the vault at the Petersen auto museum a couple of years ago, where it was being stored (Petersen didn't own it from what I was told). Then it went up for auction asking around 1.8 million...I think with RM Sotheby's if I recall correctly. Disappeared again and the ended up at Fantasy Junction, where it sat for a long while, and the asking price gradually dropped from 1.8 to 1.4 million. Disappeared again for several months until it popped up here. I don't know if it's changed hands at all in that time or if it's the same guy who had it stored at the Petersen shopping it around at different venues with no luck.

In any case - a stunner of a car. I completely fell in love with it when I saw it at the Petersen. I actually went back for two more vault tours just that week, so I could look at that car some more. I'd love to own it but unless they're accepting monthly payments she's way out of my league. I hope someone who really appreciates the car gets to buy it soon.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Same owners (two men) for about three years (since March 2014).
    Sister car 0279 EU, sensationally restored and fresh on the market, coming to auction in January 2018, at Gooding's in Scottsdale/AZ, at a much more realistic price (estimated $ 900 K to 1.3 M ).

Marcel Massini

davemqv likes this.
  5. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Marcel. That's interesting. I wonder if the owners of 0263 EU have a soft spot in their hearts for artists obsessed with vintage Ferrari's, and a willingness to extend me a loan for oh say...30 years or so. :)

I've seen the listing for 0279 EU on Gooding's website. Amazing looking car. I love the colour. I see they redid the interior in tan instead of the factory "Marrone". I'm always arguing for an owners right to do a car as they see fit, but brown leather would have looked really stunning with that light greyish-blue.

Out of curiousity, was 0263 EU restored to original specs?

Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge. I hope you're well. Happy New Year!

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    0263 EU is an older restoration done in about 1992/93, non original colors.

Marcel Massini

davemqv likes this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    0279 EU: Original interior color was Arbo Tan 642 leather.

Marcel Massini

roadracer311 and davemqv like this.
  8. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Marcel.

9. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ah! The listing says it was originally Marrone. I'm caught believing what I read on auction sites again! Although I still think the Marrone would look nice with that blue.

Thanks.

10. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Anyone at the auction--with what happened to the car??

Ken Goldman

11. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003

Which one? 0279 sold at Gooding for $970k.

12. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Barrett Jackson has S/N 0263--Blue 212

13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    0263 EU sold for $1.0 million hammer at Barrett-Jackson.

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Why sell this at BJ and not RM or the other more suitable houses? That said, was this a good price?