599 Annual Service | FerrariChat

599 Annual Service

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by denfpal, Jan 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Please advise - approximately what should the annual service (Service One) cost be for the 599 GTB at the F dealership - including items such as: oil and filter change; new pollen filter; brake system flush; and, wiper blades? Thank you - Dennis

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you can find yourself an independent and save yourself some significant dollars....also consider flushing the f1 fluid if it hasn't been done in a long while

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Any ideas about what this service should cost, and can you recommend a good independent in the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County area? The dealer said that there is no service required on the F1 and there's no way to actually change the F1 fluid, which I thought was rather strange - said they can only suck a small amount of fluid out of the reservoir and then top it off? - this doesn't sound logical to me.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I. Not from that area but when I was looking at a car there I considered Matt burns at autohaus...the Ferrari recommendation has changed on the f1 ..first it was lifetime now a fluid and bleed using a SD computer is recommended ..not a cheap service but if never done or not done over 4 years I would consider it

The service guy is just saying what most do on there car ..by changing a 1/2 quart each year is a good practice ..but a complete fluid flush and bleed is recommended once in every 3 to 5 years

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    F1 can be serviced at the same time as transmission as access panel in rear needs to be removed. It should be done every several years. Yearly service at FOA was about $ 1200 or so if I recall.

6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I forgot to mention that it is a good idea to do a Power Steering fluid change on a regular basis since the steering pump is a weak link for many 599s

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Take a look in the Florida geographic section for recommendations

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    See if this helps. Plus find another dealer if that one says the F1 fluid cannot be changed. Service schedule calls for F1 fluid change every 3 years. Incidentally, the coolant needs to be changed every three years, too, and that did not make it into the service schedule.

A good annual at a dealer or good independent usually runs $1000-1500, depending on how many fluids/filters are up for a change and whether she needs aux belts or not.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. datboiwill

datboiwill Rookie

Jan 11, 2018
    H-Town
    Full Name:
    Will Stoneking
    Not much really besides fluid changes.

Oil and filter 1st year
    Same second plus drive belts and pollen filter
    Third oil and filter
    4th gearbox fluid plus oil and filter
    $8k ish is a SAFE estimate over the next 4 years (total)

This was from my dealer

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Your dealer cannot read the maintenance schedule, either. What is so difficult about reading the maintenance schedule that comes with the 599?

11. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    On my 599, service at a Ferrari dealer in PA ran about 1100 for oil change and basic service and about $2200 for oil change and other fluid changes. We alternated years, one year we did oil and general service only, the next oil and other fluid changes as well as general service. So, on average, about $1650 per year.

12. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Thank you - will do - Dennis

13. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Will do - thanks - Dennis

14. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Will do - thanks - Dennis

15. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Noted - the Owners Book is incomplete in several areas and has a few errors and omissions too - the dealerships all have a different story to tell as well (which is rather concerning) hence I was reaching out to the owners here on FC to get the straight "from the street" scoop - thanks.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, none of the OMs/Maintenance Schedules/Warranty Books say to change the coolant, which is why I mentioned it. Other than that, the maintenance schedule for the 599 is very complete and following it should guarantee she stays in good shape. Plus she will be easier to sell later if maintained by the book.