Tracking 488 gtb | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tracking 488 gtb

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueCorsa, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    Wow - 2 days still seems to be a quick wear rate even if tc & ssc kick in. Which track did you run at?

Are you replacing pads with oem?

2. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    It must have been a fun 2 days !

3. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    #28 j09333, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018

I am replacing it with OEM.
    Notice the slow pace and gentle apply of brake after long straight? Even with that, pads wont last 3 days.

redcaruser, 100badboy100 and LVP488 like this.
  4. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
  5. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    I absolutely love tracking the 488. After reading through this thread, I think I will go check my pads LOL

BlueCorsa and redcaruser like this.
  6. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Porsche is much better in that respect. It was assumed that I tracked my GT3 by the dealership's service departments, etc. Their track precision app, G-force meter, etc are all assumptions that the car is to be tracked without issue.

7. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Ferrari sells a telemetry package on their cars - warranty gets voided if you track it.

Mclaren is the only manufacture that doesn't void it's warranty on any of their cars if you track it. It's clearly stated in the warranty book (do the track inspections and it's all good).

8. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    My dealer continues to say that the warranty is only voided for modified parts and not just drivers ed track events. That would be a real disappointment given how the car is advertised.

It was always very clear to Porsche that I tracked my gt3 extensively and I never had warranty claim issues, including replacement of the engine.

Motorwerks likes this.
  9. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    The engine issue on the gt3 was a total recall from manufacture of every gt3 (btw; I have an RS and occasionally track it)

Check your warranty book and the language in it. btw; it doesn't stop many of us from tracking ferrari's. Every time I approach the issue of tracking ferrari's; the story is the same from the two local dealers...get a challenge car is what they say.

Here's me in speciale at sonoma. great car and lots of fun on track with it.

Andial, BlueCorsa and redcaruser like this.
  10. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    That speciale sound is the best.

Here’s a video of my 488 at MSR near Houston. First time out with the 488, so just getting familiar with the car and only running at 7/10, but it was a good orientation prior to upcoming COTA event. Sorry for the poor quality video.

redcaruser and exoticcardreamer like this.
  11. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Very nice driving. COTA is a very good track to use this type of power (been there once and know a good number of people who track there. They call themselves "track rats" and usually rent out a run group for themselves).

I had my valves closed in my video. Full capristo system. It's very difficult to meet the DB limits at the tracks in my area with the standard exhaust let alone a modified exhaust).