New Ford GT | Page 70 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    The GT versus ACR question has been answered.

2. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Honestly, I am surprised that GT is faster than ACR anywhere really, because ACR has beaten all of the Big 3 on more than one occasion. Makes me want a second one with a giant fixed park bench and all the hydraulics ripped out.

3. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Makes me wonder what the Senna will do. 2:33?

4. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    That would be fun. The real trick with the GT is that in the normal suspension setting, you get a car that rides nice on the street.

5. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
  6. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Your right, I think they meant fastest Ford GT time ever.......I can only imagine where the 720s would land, it would be a neat comparison.
    GTJOEY1314

7. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    As i've written many times before ... i've been a HUGE Ford fan, for years. I've owned more Mustangs (including newer Shelby's, Bosses, etc) than i can count, and loved them all. I owned the first-gen Ford GT, and loved it (except for the tall gearing). But this new Ford GT is a FAIL.

As a high-tech "race car for the street" (how many times have we heard that before?), it gets beat ... BADLY ... ON THE TRACK ... by a low-tech "street car" (Viper), set-up for the "track" (in ACR trim). The Viper even posts better fuel efficiency than the modern, highly-advertised "Eco-Boost" engine from Ford! And for that privilege ... a slower car, on the track, with worse fuel efficiency ... Ford will gladly charge you THREE TIMES the price.

I'll be keeping my ACR's ... and my beloved Mustangs :)

8. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out this is a comparison of times achieved by Car and Driver( or maybe it does). To that end, Car and Driver was faster at VIR in the GT than the ACR. Why dig the ACR anyways; it's beaten all three of the Big 3 at the track.

But let's go further. Do you think the ACR Chris Winkler time is the record? Do you think the GT was down at VIR for C&D and no pro ran the car? I wonder what the pro ran if one did?

Should we make a wager on if it was faster than 2:40.02, which is the "production car record?"

9. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    And ... do you think 2:40 is the fastest time EVER in a Viper ACR ... at VIR? :rolleyes:

Sorry ... laptimes talk, bull**** walks :

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014

Ford LOSES. Badly.

10. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    p.s, all commenters should really post up whether they applied for the car or not, and what the results of the
    Considering Dodge put out a press release about it, I would say yes.

No wager then?

p.s, did you apply to buy one? You should disclose that so we know it's not just a case of sour grapes.

11. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I never applied. I never even finished the application. I stopped filling it out, when i realized how juvenile it was.

But, in any case ... it wasn't any case of "sour grapes" on my part, or any bias at all, that somehow "manufactured" the REAL DATA i posted from fastestlaps.com :rolleyes: Had i actually applied, and been denied, would that somehow "invalidate" the laptimes i posted? That's beyond absurd ... but, spoken like a true fanboy. Who among us, here, has the REAL bias????

12. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Color me...skeptical. At least you admit you were in the process.

I don’t know what you’re taking about. I just said I’d seen the press release. I’m well aware of what Winkler ran. I think you’re just upset and are having a hard time keeping the conversation straight. You’re also having a hard time reading between the lines of my wager offer.

Don’t be so mad, it’s just a car.

13. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
  14. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Dave, let him bask in ignorant bliss for a little while longer.

15. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Preserved for posterity.

16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Can't wait to see it in person next week!

17. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    The amount of “car guys” online that don’t understand you can’t compare lap times from different sessions is STAGGERING. There are different drivers, different weather, different track conditions, etc.. It’s absolutely laughable to me when people get in arguments about stuff like this, or the Top Gear fastest lap times list.

galt likes this.
  18. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    This is true.... might as well shut down lap time discussions everywhere though. There would be absolutely nothing to talk about it.

19. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
  20. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    That’s awesome. Congratulations.

21. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Congratulations Ryan! I bet you're very excited to get it.

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  22. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    First New Ford GT available at auction goes for $2.5 million

Another electrifying charity sale that sent the thousands in the auction arena into a frenzy was the $2.5 million sale of Lot #3010, a brand-new, rare Liquid Blue 2017 Ford GT, donated by the always-generousRon Pratte to the Evernham Family-Racing for a Reason Foundation, to benefit theAutism Society of North Carolina’s IGNITE program. To make this incredible moment even more special, Ron Pratte donated an additional $50,000 to help the Autism Alliance of Michigan. Fresh from his induction in the NASCAR Hall of Fame, racing legend Ray Evernham was onstage to encourage bidding on the stunning supercar, as was racing icon Chip Ganassiand Raj Nair, Executive Vice President and President of North America, Ford Motor Company.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Media/Home/Reader/classic-car-sales-scottsdale-auction-day-eight-highlights/

23. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    very cool.

sets a legitimate market price for these cars too, for better or worse.

24. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Looks like the C&D and Motor Trend articles have been deleted and there's talk of a press embargo from Ford.

At any rate, here's the official numbers (I knew Ford's quoted 2,890 lb weight was a joke):

0-30mph: 1.3

0-40mph: 1.8

0-50mph: 2.4

0-60mph: 3.0

0-70mph: 3.7

0-80mph: 4.4

0-90mph: 5.2

0-100mph: 6.2

0-110mph: 7.2

0-120mph: 8.6

0-130mph: 10.1

0-140mph: 11.9