COTA Seating Recommendations | FerrariChat

COTA Seating Recommendations

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tnuce10, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tnuce10

tnuce10 Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    Long time lurker, but first time posted here.

I tried searching for my this info but wasn’t able to find anything.

A group of friends and I are planning a trip to COTA in April to see the MotoGP race. None of us have been to the facility before, and we can’t decide where to sit.

I have been to the Indy round when it was still on GP’s calendar, so we do know we want to sit somewhere on the start/finish line. We enjoy seeing the race start and the pre-race festivities.

However, I don’t know exactly where we want to be in the grandstands. Back in the Indy days, we would always sit in the front row of their upper section, “Paddock Penhouse” for any who is familiar.

I’m hoping that someone who has first hand knowledge of the seating options at COTA can chime in and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

2. Monch

Monch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2012
    We’ve been to all the MotoGp (and Formula 1) races at COTA. We always sit in grandstand 15. This gives you a good view of the end of the back strait and all the “stadium” section curves, were a lot of the action happens. We tried the start/finish once, but got tired of just watching them fly by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Yea start/finish at COTA is front straight viewing only. At least at T1 you can see some more of the track. Just walk around the track during the race and make sure you're back at the start/finish for each. That's what I did for F1. Helped I had credentials but with Motogp they're a little more lax on where you can go.

4. tnuce10

tnuce10 Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    Thanks for the help so far guys.

I was talking with the group we have and our plan is to walk the track on Friday and Saturday to get a feel for what we want to do next year.

I’m very excited to get to watch GP at a different venue.

No matter where we end up sitting, I know it will be a great time.

5. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I like turn 19. You get to see the last 2 turns, and there is a jumbotron in view for the rest of the race.

6. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    From the tower view of the "stadium" section - I agree that you can see a lot from the stands in that area. Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. tnuce10

tnuce10 Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    That's an amazing view!

8. tnuce10

tnuce10 Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    To give you guys an update, I decided to try Row 1 on the start line.

I spoke with a sales rep for their VIP passes and this really intrigued me. I'm going to use this first trip to learn the track and seating options a little bit while I am there. Hopefully the gentleman I spoke to about VIP passes will be willing to show me these seats, because for the price, it's a very viable option for the 2019 race.

Thanks for all your help guys!

PDX_214 likes this.
  9. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Not a bad spot to view from!

[​IMG]

10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    turn 12-17. you see a lot.
    start finish, not so much

11. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    those are good seats....the only bad part is...full sun. Call the ticket guy back and ask him to move you down to the club level in the shade.

12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Turn 1 or turn 12. Get seats that sit high. If you got camera with at least a 200mm to 400mm glass should you want to take pics/video....you'll be good. Pack sunscreen.

13. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    I volunteered to be a rider assist marshal, should be fun. See you there! It'll be my first motogp race :D

14. tnuce10

tnuce10 Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    ^^ I received info on that. Sounds like it would be a blast.

After the race, please post up what your experience was like. That may be something to consider in the future.

15. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    My buddy has done it for a few years and from what he's said, it was enough to convince me to buy a plane ticket and go do it. Its the best way to get up close and personal with the riders/teams and put you basically on the track during the race.

16. tnuce10

tnuce10 Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    I bet you will have a blast!

Did anyone see that Randy Mamola is being inducted into the HoF at the COTA round? That's a pretty exciting addition to the weekend.