NSX | Page 11 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    Have u seen the video where the nsx beats a CBR1000 0-60 and in 1/4 mile?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  2. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    F2003-GA likes this.
  3. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    I would have loved to save $60k off sticker (I saved $47k), but I would do it again even knowing the possibility of a better priced car could be out there. I say this because the amount of fun I have driving this car in all conditions and any situation is worth the extra $!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jo Sta7 and F2003-GA like this.
  4. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Drive what makes you happy.
    Not everyone is cut out to be a Ferrari owner. Some guys like Japanese. Some guys like Italian. Good luck.

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    And some guys can own both ;)

Lotaz, Jo Sta7 and andycav like this.
  6. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    That’s called a mixed marriage.

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Awesome that you guys are getting killer deals on these cars but if they are knocking $40-$50,000 off the price I can’t imagine Honda is making any money and probably won’t make these for very long.

If this car is so great why do you think it’s not selling?

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ve thought about this, I think there’s a variety of factors from marketing, to competition, to the brand, to the numbers. If the car did 2.5s to 60 which it could have it would sell.

For current owners though, if Acura stops producing the car it’s great for value.

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I highly doubt they stop producing They'll just drop production numbers

10. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have no facts to back up my statement, but my thinking is there are just a lot of really great cars out there, new and used. I have no doubt it's a FANTASTIC car and will probably go down as one of those "Why didn't we think these were great at the time they came out" cars.

11. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Agree. That's what happened after the S-2000 ran its course. However, I'm sure the bean-counters will insist on keeping the NSX around to amortize Honda's capital investment in the vehicle to the greatest extent possible. A press report several years ago said that Acura would limit NSX sales to 800 per year in the name of "exclusivity," so maybe that is a hint at the break-even volume required. If that's the case, then the NSX just might be around a lot longer than imagined unless Honda throws in the towel first.

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I think part of the problem is the price point. At a Loaded sticker of $200,000 you can get into a Ferrari or McLaren.

13. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    Mclaren offering 30-40k off sticker for 570S left over 17's
    60k confirmed on some hi spec NSX 190-200k msrp cars

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Not many dealers are playing nice on discounting the remaining ones

15. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    With regard to NSX, at least, I have spoken to 3 dealers in the Chicago area. 2 are willing to do roughly 10% off sticker plus the $30K Acura incentive, so yes, $50K off on a $200K car. The third offered the incentive only, maybe a little more if I went in.

I believe some are counting on the new 2017 inventory drying up soon and then being able to get a higher price.

16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I agree with you. I think they should have priced the NSX at $125k-$150k and walked the price up as more cars are sold. It seems the new guy needs to buy their way into the market. While NSX is not exactly new, they have not had the model for sale for over a decade so have become forgotten my many folks. Also many good new and used cars in the $170k - $210k price range. IMO

17. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Back in the day, the original 1991 NSX list price was about $60K, and perceived to be a super car bargain. In today's money, nearly 30 years later, that is about a $110K price point. Given ensuing changes in technology, content, materials, etc., $125K is probably the limit for a non-exotic car. The 2019 ME Corvette seems to be going thru this price/performance/recognition/value debate with that release date approaching.

18. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    My buddy just bought a 199 msrp NSX for 132 (130R White)
    deals are out there and they'll continue to be discounted with 18's arriving
    just be persistent if you want one
    about 100 new ones still seem avail
    cars should have been 120-145 from the start
    then you have a winner.....

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Amazing. What part of the country?
    Looked at and drove a used 570S yesterday and looking at a couple NSXs tomorrow. See what a 20-30k price difference feels like.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks for the update

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks for the update

22. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    18's will be by order only. I can't see too many stepping up to order one at MSRP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

23. drive4fun

drive4fun Rookie

Jan 19, 2005
    I think the top people at Honda believe product excellence should speak for itself in the market. In the luxury space, aspirational branding envelops products in a
    Magical way, particularly in the US market. Ferrari has mastered this concept with no traditional advertising: an amazing feat. Much as I love Honda, until they get a better grip on this issue, NSXs will continue on a rough road.
    Almost a decade ago I participated in a focus group for exotic car buyers. I did it for fun and the sponsor was not revealed to the participants. About 4 months later I was asked if I would be willing to have some top execs from Honda visit me at my home. On a visit from Japan, they wanted to better understand what kind of American bought exotic cars. Make a long story short, I parked my mint V1.0 NSX out front when the entourage (with translator) arrived. They were delighted and so was I, not only because they were so dedicated to cars, inquisitive and gracious, but also because one of them was a senior engineer on the original NSX.
    I continue to admire their willingness to endure a marketing mess (delayed roll-out and messaging) to ensure their product was 100% to their standards. They really are wonderful car people.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Mbutner, tomc, G. Pepper and 6 others like this.
  24. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

I understand this struggle, but luckily some of the other Japanese manufacturers are now getting into "heritage" parts programs (Nissan for the R32 GT-R, and Mazda for the original '89+ Miatas). Hopefully Honda will follow suit for the NSX.

25. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Currently working out a package deal for an owner's S2000 & Monte Carlo Blue Pearl NSX-T... period picture below of the color, love the license plate too. NSXs in rare colors are always refreshing!

Image Unavailable, Please Login