Using Valet | FerrariChat

Using Valet

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bupilot, Dec 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bupilot

bupilot Karting

May 3, 2016
    China Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    J Anderson
    I've never had a vehicle until my F430 that I really cared when I valet'd the car. Curious as to what you guys typically do if you want to go to a restaurant or someplace nice in your Ferrari. Do you valet it?

DonRinconi likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Jason,
    Short answer: NO DANG WAY! No one drives my Cali other than my wife & the service folks @ Boardwalk. If they won't let you self park, go somewhere else.

My recipe - pull up, wife jumps out, tells them there is no way they're parking the F-car, starts greasing palms, I park it, keep the keys, and tip on the way out as well if all is well. Andrew Jackson is your, and their, best friend! You own a Ferrari, be a baller; tip large & tip often!

T

FCOnyx likes this.
  3. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    When I go to a place that has a valet I take the Cali.

LI2782 likes this.
  4. FCOnyx

FCOnyx Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Round Rock, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yup. Here in ATX we have a list of "red car friendly" places that showcase the cars and give us no grief (The Domain is great for this). Pull up, tell *them* where I'm going to park it. They say "cool", I tip them, I keep the keys. If the place wants to tuck the car away anywhere other than displayed right out front then I go somewhere else. I didn't take it out just to have someone else take it and hide it in a lot/garage.

timjen88 likes this.
  5. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I took my Lambo to Capital Grille last Friday and the valets were very cool about me taking the keys and where the car was to be parked, but I couldn’t have the very best spot upfront because it had been reserved for a Toyota LFA.

6. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    A Jap car got preference over a Lambo?

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yep they said he called in advance and reserved the spot. Oh well all the folks out front were fawning over my red Lambo and ignoring his black Toyota.

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    The guys at the uptown capital grille are super cool and chill about this. Same with the ritz/fearings. Crecent court/nobu is a nightmare and total nazi's.

9. D. Antonio

D. Antonio Karting

Dec 30, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    No offense, but I think the LFA is a much rarer and more expensive car. Just saying...

10. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Yep. Not sure why people hate on the LFA. It is rarer, sounds better, built better than the Lambo.

11. DonRinconi

DonRinconi Rookie
    Owner

Nov 2, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    W Rincon
    here in DFW a few friends and I founded an app precisely to let you park your own car or le the valet park it for you up front of the restaurant. hotel, bar / club, sport venue, etc... think of it as open table, but for your car!

It's now working well in the DFW area. We will hit Houston and Austin later this year as well as going to other selected US cities by end of '18.

During this year I expect to do more advertising, including here at FChat.

send me a PM and I'll be glad to send you a link for the free app on iphone / android as I don't want to violate advertiser rules.

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I don’t disagree. I was just having some fun and I thought that was obvious.

13. kens

kens Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    I don't care, I enjoy putting shame onto the valet crew for having any Japanese cars on display.

CaliforniaK likes this.