2006 DB9 - Get in touch with your inner James Bond. | FerrariChat

2006 DB9 - Get in touch with your inner James Bond.

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Racersdrive, Jan 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    2006 Aston Martin DB9 for sale. Two owners - 36,200 on ODO. Current California Registration. Salvage title due to high front end impact in 2016 (hood, grill & trim pieces put repair cost over threshold so Insurance company bailed). This is a very desirable vehicle for the person who wants to drive an affordable exotic which can now be purchased for a fraction of the cost of the new DB11. Professionally repaired by Dell Exotic Auto Works, the certified Aston Martin collision repair facility in Silicon Valley. Contact Mike at [email protected] for more details or to schedule a time to look at the car.

FYI. I'm not giving this car away so don't bother me with scam, BS offers or self-indulging critical comments. Bank Transfer or Cash Only - First $45,000 takes this exotic masterpiece.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ahem.

"Anyone posting in a classified thread, other than the thread creator, must be: 1) asking a legitimate and relevant question; 2) providing accurate, first-hand information on that specific car, item, or seller; or 3) leaving a quick compliment/GLWS comment. All other commentary (negative comments regarding the condition or asking price, comparing asking price to current market/recent sales/other cars or items for sale, etc.) will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators."

3. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
  4. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Well... I'd legitimately offer $5k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Racedrvr

Racedrvr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2008
    Kentucky/Florida
    Full Name:
    Don
    F355Fan You did it again. Please refrain from breaking the rules, and then defending that by doing it again.

6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #6 F355 Fan 82, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Ok I apologize, Im willing to make a legitimate offer on the car, I'll offer $28k cash I'll wire it tomorrow if you're interested. Im not trying to insult you. If you're interested let me know Im a serious buyer you can see from my posts I have a couple other exotics, an SLR and a Ferrari 575, Im not someone who is full of it and as you can see from this pic I have 1 empty space left, would love this car for the right price.

Attached Files:

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That’s a hefty discount to ask for on an already well priced car......WTF planet are you on? It had a crash and got repaired, it’s not still on fire or sat in the middle of a river

OP - nice car, shame to see you had an accident, glad it’s been fixed to such a high standard, GLWS

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    For his wheels?, didn’t realise he listed a spare set with the car

9. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Wow. You try and put an ad together which will attract some attention, and perhaps some sense of urgency from a motivated buyer and this is the result. I just hate how mean people in this country have become. I expect the car to sell somewhere in the mid to high $30's but want it to go to a good home and an appreciative new owner. I love this car and have been driving it at least once a week for the last year or so but my wife wants a new DB11 and the DB9 has to go.

Referring to other cars currently for sale is fine but I doubt if the market for a DB9 Convertible with a white interior in Chicago right now is really relevant to a our DB9, advertised for $5k less, which has always resided in Northern California.

To clarify things a bit - this DB9 was in an accident with the original owner and once it exceeded the insurance company's repair threshold, we bought it for the salvage vaue and repaired the damage here at Dell at all times conforming to the factory's stringent repair requirements and the local dealers final quality control review procedures.

Dell is the Aston Martin (as well as Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, Jaguar etc.) certified collision repair facility in Silicon Valley and our demanding clients experience show that having their vehicle repaired here has a stabilizing effect on its resale value. We hoped the same would be true here and that the effect of the California salvage title would not be eliminated but minimized to some extent.

This is a properly repaired, magnificent world class car and we're ready to find it a new home.

Thank you for your consideration.

Mike Cesario, Owner - Racers Drive Motorsports
    Manager - Dell Exotic Autoworks
    President - Car Guys of Los Gatos
    Owner of a 1958 Silver Cloud Rolls Royce, 1969 Series II XKE & 2005 Porsche C4S.

jlaws02 and daytona355 like this.
  10. ebschor

ebschor Karting

Jan 30, 2015
    What did they offer you on trade-in for the DB11?

11. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Hasn't been discussed yet. Just trying for a clean, separate deal.

12. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    #12 Racersdrive, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    I actually do have a "like new" set of lightweight wheels in their original box if anyone is interested. Open to offers.
    The front wheels part # is 6G43-1007-AA and are 8.5" x 19". The rear wheel part number is 6G43-1007-BA and they are 9.5" x 19". Will only sell as a set and they are available to view in person at my shop in Campbell.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 likes this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Hahaha, touché!

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #14 ylshih, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    F355 Fan 82 -

If you don't like the price, move on. If the price is unrealistic he won't get offers. If you want to discuss the price, do so in the discussion forums, not on the user's ad. You've been warned about the classified ad section rule. 7-day site ban, permanent thread ban.

ScottS and daytona355 like this.
  15. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Michael, Just sold my '05 coupe at Mecum in August...It was a silver/black car with 33k miles and pulled $58k. I think your price is definitely in the right ballpark... With the pics of the accident, for someone who will keep and drive the car, that shouldn't bother them much...If they buy it below market (which your price is) and they later sell it for below market, they are in the same position as a non accident car.

I ended up buying a 2012 DB9 Sport Edition (one of 60) because I can't get used to the DB11 style (yet).... I think the DB9 style is so classic

good luck with the sale, an AWESOME car for the right price.... I had my 2005 for over 6 years and loved every day of it!

Lmgreenie likes this.
  16. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Thank you for the kind comments. You've got it right - you buy it right and, after you've enjoyed it for a few years, you sell it right (and probably for more than you paid for it) down the road. Mike Cesario.

17. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Michael - assuming "the powers that be" have given their blessing for "good as new", would there be any insurance issues? Looks like you have normal Cali plates on it, so I assume DMV has no problems.......THX
    btw: beautiful car!

18. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Hi Michael,
    Nice car and well priced. Does the car still have a salvage title? If yes, can you get you registered to any state?

19. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    No insurance issues with a salvage title. With the annual mileage under 5k per year and secure storage the insurance is under a $1k per year with Hagerty.

20. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    It does have a California salvage title and was easy to register once the repairs were done and a light and brake inspection was performed by an independant shop licensed to do so.

21. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Sorry if I missed it, but what transmission does the car have? GLWS

22. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    It has the automatic with paddle shifters anytime you fell like playing Ricky Racer.

23. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
  24. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    God, you people in warm climates really upset me (lol), mine will be in the deep freeze for another 2 1/2 months !

Piper likes this.
  25. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario