Can we stop Marchionne and how | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Can we stop Marchionne and how

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Svito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Hi Scito,

Understand your sentiments, but at 8,400 cars target for 2017, he is frankly barely on trac for the promised 9,000 cars in the IPO. Even if he grows shipments at 7.0% next year, (almost twice current growth rates), he still would ship only 8,998 cars in 2018 and still be 12 cars under the official target in the 2015 IPO proposal).

So, the new official max production number is 10,000 cars, but without an SUV, it may take 2-3 years to get there...

2. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    1. as someone previously stated, Enzo didn't give a rat's about the road cars as long as they earned enough to keep the F 1 team running.
    2. it doesn't matter what 'tifosi ' think, if someone is willing to plunk down the cash for any heap of junk with a cavallino, they'll build it...
    3. there are more folks with piles of cash, than there are tifosi

bergxu and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I'm still waiting to see an explanation of how this number can be achieved on the current line where the time allowance for fitting the engine is 20 minutes - that's 24 cars a day, around 6000 per year - has that ever been exceeded?

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The way I look at it is a lot of people have a need for an suv type vehicle and in fact if it was not for the Porsche Cayenne Turbo my wife would still be driving a boring Lexus .. I was able to convince her to go to the Porsche which she/we love it is the best driving sporty feeling SUV we have had.. Now if Ferrari wants to give it is shot good with me.. Maybe she will be driving a Ferrari SUV beats a Lexus ....
    So after making the FF might as well make an SUV really will just make the brand even stronger ..

Viperjoe likes this.
  5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    You know the saying: "When in Maranello, do as the sweater does".

bernardo66 likes this.
  7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It's the new dress code at FCA :D:D

bernardo66 and stavura like this.
  8. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    Luca di Montezemolo would NEVER dress like this.

We miss his style and elegance.

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    If I thought of the Sweater, which I don’t, I’d classify him as a Piech wannabe. Megalomaniacal with distinct vision at odds with world. Wait, I could use another cardboard cutout too for this.

Except he’s not a brilliant engineer, nor well read, nor capable of staying one step ahead , throwing engineering and management completely under the bus “losing” a board room brawl. Skating the entire Diesel-gate debacle even dumping stock.

The Sweater’s demise will lack flourish. And Luca WILL be there to see it. SEC takes dim view of his antics. 10% of huge bundle of debt. Short RACE now. FCA too.

Agnelli, the Old Man, all would have Sweater tossed on wardrobe alone. Though he does give Bannon an inspirational style icon :D

Only took about 3-4 years to undo Luca’s nurture. The SLs, ugly 2+2’s, SUV’s and fake demand for poor taste options should hasten the end. Nobody bought these things new not that long ago. It’ll happen again. Has screwed a lot of model names with run-out decor packages too. (GTO, TdF, Lusso, GTC, Kalifornia, Superfast,...)

$5 sez SUV will be Super America (having had one in past)

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So, tell us how you really feel.

Sfumato likes this.
  11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    That’s always been an issue keeping me out of public office. Leaky inner monologue. But pointing out d-baggery more fun. Loved Ferrari 55+ years. Turning it into pathetic shadow of itself with social media star customers that can’t drive seems anathema.
    My Speciale was last good car they built. Buy them and use them, not polish and worship them. Friggin dinosaur end user out :D

HotShoe, bernardo66, kerrari and 4 others like this.
  12. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    You had me here!

Sfumato likes this.
  13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I totally agree! Most of the lineup is absolutely uninspiring and marketing gimmicks to boost volume. Ferrari was never about looking for what will make the most sales. They made road cars using their racing technology, passion and originality. They never played it safe. I guess that's why we find the McLaren lineup exciting.

Sfumato likes this.
  14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    In my view we don't have Sweater to blame exclusively for Ferrari today, we have McLaren with its top trumps approach to making cars, more power, more special edition, we are the best, special edition after special edition, new model after new model. Gimmicks to me don't come much greater than the instrument pod on the 720s.

All Ferrari has done is follow McLaren, instead of leading a new path to lighter cars, they are following on the path of ever more power, much of it not usable on he street but I'll say this, the Ferrari feeling is still very much there. In comparison when I drove a McLaren it was a cold clinical efficient experience, I actually though the R8 has more drama and was more of an event.

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Umm, have you driven a 720?? Or 650?
    Pod isn’t gimmick if you track. Loved my Speciale. But I don’t want extraneous bs on steering wheel when I track. Wipers, blinkers, start button on wheel? Wtf.
    Mclaren is CF cage in 720. Weighs 300# + less than alloy Ferrari committed to.
    Ferrari got passed.
    The 720 feels pure like the Strad or Spec. Spec saddled with fussy wheel controls.

Special editions? Mac doesn’t do mechanical specials.
    Ferrari does runouts (that should have been available much earlier) Spec Strad Spec GTO TdF etc. The cynical would think because profit. Coincidentally the jaded owner agrees.

Grab a friends 720 and run it, hard. Bring talent, it’s revelatory.

Sadly good Ferraris are exception rather than rule these days. I’ve at least had some great ones.

day355 likes this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Sounds like you’re a McLaren man. You’ve found the brand you have passion for. I’m not being facetious, I’m serious. I think I that’s a good thing. You love McLaren, and you should. The company and their products clearly appeal to you, which is great. The only thing I don’t get is why you spend so much time on here just tearing Ferrari to shreds. I think constructive criticism is warranted, which is fine. There’s certainly nothing wrong with that. Heck, I certainly have my issues with Ferrari. But, you just go insane with deep disdain and hatred for the whole company, from their product line, their management, everything. Yuu go do overboard that you looses any credibility. You hate Ferrari. You love McLaren. We get it.

17. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Lol. You again. Slow learner I guess

308 VR, Daytona, Alloy SWB, steel Cal swb, Maranellos, etc. over 40 years.
    I’m a Car Guy. I love Ferraris. I’ve forgotten more than most know, and I’ve driven lots of types, great and not. Jacques made a comment, I know him from posts over many years. I pointed out some errors of fact and perception.

It’s only black and white to the ignorant. I don’t hate Ferrari. I love Ferrari. Why I care, and why it is so repugnant to many of us.
    Mclaren is new. They’re aggressive. Their product is widely acknowledged as ground breaking. I’ve only had 2. One a really good car compared to current Ferrari, better in many ways but a few flaws. The other is beyond current cars. Period.

It’s “loses” btw. I’ve got credibility. You really don’t know me, and you’re not the arbiter of my credibility. Work on yours. There are members here that would stun you, and more than a few feel similarly about Luca, the Sweater, and many parts of Fspa that we’ve dealt with. Buying an on menu off the rack car or used car (my best cars were mostly used) vs spending time doing Extracampionario/One to One/Atelier gives a very different view of company, and of dealer. It is very different now than 20 years ago, and far worse when Sweater took over.
    I tear them apart as I have knowledge of their best, in product and service. Guess it’s preferable to Demi-literate sycophants.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I was being completely serious. I’m certain you’re a great car guy. As I said, I’m referring to your comments about Ferrari as it is today. Times change. Ferrari isn’t what it was 30 or 40 years ago, nor can it be. You hate it. Many don’t. I love Ferrari’s from all eras, vintage to modern, but not all. Most were remarkable and some weren’t. I love my new car and my older model for very different reasons. Speaking in current terms, McLaren resonates for you. There’s nothing wrong with that.

I actually have found my experience to be wonderful. My dealer is great. The ordering experience - custom designing every detail of my car, company interaction, etc., have been very good. My experience at the factory and attending Ferrari events have been very pleasant. I believe customers have far more choices on details and options today than ever before. I have some issues and concerns about them, of course. Sure, they’re not perfect, but I have been impressed. Anyhow, no hard feelings. Enjoy what you like.

19. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Glad you’re an empath. Handy job backup.

Ferrari isn’t same as 4 years ago with Luca. Not the same as with Pinifarina, Scaglietti. Been to factory a couple times, shown at PB, CC. Back before they had all the marketing branding jobbers for you. The owners set stuff up because we loved the cars, the philosophy. Thinking I’m a Ferrari hater is idiotic. OP and a ton of posters and likers think similarly.

Thanks for trolling. You’ll be remembered thru lunchtime.

BarryK and day355 like this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Intellectually critiquing Ferrari is not the equivalent of hating Ferrari - So many folks confuse the two :confused:

BarryK and Sfumato like this.
  21. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    "Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is investing $1 billion in a Michigan truck factory and paying worker bonuses in the wake of a U.S. tax cut, gestures that could come in handy amid major policy matters being sorted out in Washington.

The Italian-American automaker will share the spoils of a lower corporate tax rate by sending $2,000 checks to about 60,000 U.S. workers. Fiat Chrysler also will spend more than $1 billion and add 2,500 jobs at a factory near Detroit to produce heavy-duty Ram pickups that the company been making in Mexico.

Share Surge
    The investment follows a dramatic jump in Fiat Chrysler stock amid optimism about its product lineup being revamped with fresh trucks and sport utility vehicles. The company’s U.S.-listed shares have surged 31 percent already this year after almost doubling in 2017."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-11/fiat-chrysler-to-give-u-s-workers-2-000-bonuses-after-tax-bill

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Sergio will be in charge of Ferrari until early 2021.

JANUARY 16, 2018

Marchionne denies eyeing Ferrari buy-in
    [​IMG]

Sergio Marchionne has denied that he has plans to buy into Ferrari after stepping down as Fiat president.

The Italian-Canadian has already announced that he will retire as Fiat Chrysler chief in April of 2019, because "I want to do something else".

But he will remain in charge at Ferrari until at least early 2021, triggering rumours the Fiat exit could in fact be because he wants to buy the fabled Maranello marque.

"All noise," Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes him as denying.

Referring to Ferrari, he said: "It's good that we are optimistic. We will try to win the world championship, make a lot of money and we'll all be happy."

Marchionne said another big objective for 2018 is to continue to build the profile of Alfa Romeo, the new Sauber title sponsor.

"Alfa Romeo is unfinished business," he said. "We must continue to ensure that the brand is established internationally."

23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    He personally doesn't have the money but could put a group together

24. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    He should buy into an Oreo factory.

BarryK likes this.
  25. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    good idea.

Or making tins of baked beans. He should be pretty good at it after all these years spent counting them....

bernardo66 likes this.