Heated Floors - yes! | FerrariChat

Heated Floors - yes!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Innovativethinker, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I just went through a master bed/bath remodel (4 months), which I don't recommend to anyone, but we put in marble flooring in the bath and went with a heated floor system.

Its fantastic, I had no idea how great it is, and so well worth it. We have it programmed to turn on at 5 am and shut off at 9 am. Feels great walking in in the morning or when stepping out of the shower. Also keeps the cats out of the bathroom.

If anyone else is redoing a bath, you may want to look into it.

PS: marble sucks. We put in on the floor, shower walls and counter top. We have to wipe everything down after each use. Stupid designers...

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Interesting about the marble. I've always thought about silestone for bathrooms as it's bacteriostatic. I'm not sure if it needs wiping down like that.

Heated floors would be clutch right now...it's incredibly cold this week. :/

3. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Yep...a heated floor in the bathroom is a wonderful feature, especially in a winter like we’re having now. However we’ve had one small problem with ours: since the underlying heating matt has a little ‘give’ to it, there is a small amount of flex in the subfloor and the grout between the marble tiles keeps coming loose.

Alan
    N.J.

4. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Electric or liquid Mark? If electric, they are generally good for 8 to ten years (in Canada). They are sooo comfy though. Carefull on those marble floors, that stuff is slippery.