Daytona distributor advance question | FerrariChat

Daytona distributor advance question

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by steve meltzer, Dec 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    I want to do a test with the distributors' advances locked out on my '71 Daytona (Euro). Since the centrifugal weights are below the breaker plate, how do you do this? Or can you? thanx s

2. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I wouldn't recommend doing that, simply because it will significantly effect the drivability. However if you want to access the advance, I believe you can get to it from the bottom of the distributor. There should be some screws under there that need to come out to gain access.

Cheers Jim

3. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Right! i just want to do a bench test, no plan to drive in that mode, which would be a disaster. thanx. s

4. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Steve,did you ever do this and if so what were your results,Chuck Coli Daytona 12883

5. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Chuck, no, i never did it because I don't think you can and B) that wasn't what my problem was. anything I can help with? s

6. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Yes, we have 2 tach angle drives both leak oil out of the cable end ,there is a small rubber seal ( almost like an O ring but a seal) seated inside the tach drive housung there has to be some kind of replacement for this,have you ever addressed this? Thanks Chuck

7. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    do you have two different cars you're working on? do have the TAV 10 in the parts manual? email me at <[email protected]> s