Just say "NO!" to EVs | FerrariChat

Just say "NO!" to EVs

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cobra Steve, Nov 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cobra Steve

Cobra Steve Rookie

May 13, 2010
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Stephen 427
    I received a note, perhaps from Mr. John Lay, discussing electric vehicles (EVs), with a link to an EV site. Here's my response, from a Texan who is considered "Oilfield Trash":

Dear FerrariChat,

Please do not sent information regarding electric vehicles. We have zero interest in the future potential of these electron-emitting polarizing devices.

While others may get a charge out of them, I find them to be full of only static as they currently do not excite the senses of sound and smell. Perhaps this is a phase I am going through amplified by the media hyping the subject? Motor vehicles should ignite the senses and spark the interest of the driver, much akin to rock music by AC/DC. More specifically, the howling sound of an internal combustion engine spinning wildly helps one discharge the stresses of daily life while driving the routine circuit to and from home.

Many extol the virtues of electric vehicles (EVs) which have many positive and negative features. The surge in their popularity should not shock the average motor vehicle enthusiast. I personally have never been drawn to EVs as they are typically short on the distance they can be driven.

I will continue to drive my 328GTS as it is primarily an analog vehicle when compared to today's digital garbage. The frequency which I continue to drive my vehicle shall be solely dependent upon the availability of fuel and my capacity to tolerate distracted drivers. When in congested urban areas, I shall take the bus or rent a vehicle from Hertz.

Please feel free to contact me with data pertaining to vehicles powered by internal combustion and relay this note to your staff.

Thank you,

Steve

P.S. My brothers Zeus, Perun, & Thor send their regards.

ducrob and energy88 like this.
  2. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey

Well done, Steve!

3. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    "Just say "NO!" to EVs"

I agree, but unfortunately World legislation over the next 33 years (2050) are working on banning the ICE.

Countries presently signed up:-
    Austria
    Canada
    China
    Denmark
    France
    India
    Ireland
    Japan
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Portugal
    Spain
    South Korea
    Sweden
    UK
    USA - California / Connecticut / Maryland / Massachusetts / New York / Oregon / Rhode Island / Vermont

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Cobra Steve....

I enjoyed your wit; gave me a good laugh!

5. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Enjoyed that, Cobra Steve! Yes, I have zero interest in EV's as well!

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Honestly, modern [ICE] cars do nothing for me and my favorite cars are all old and without supercomputers doing everything for the driver. Other than the Aston Valkyrie, which isn't really a road car, I don't like anything new or planned for the future. They'll grandfather in old ICE cars even with these "bans" you can still enjoy a nice weekend drive in a 300SL Gullwing (assuming I can ever afford one lol). I'll take an original Mustang fastback and modify it over anything new.

7. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    On some laws Canada, well it has a built in grand father clause. Meaning if they ban cars. We can keep the ones already on the road.

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    #8 Solid State, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Some more on the topic:

"At this stage, neither the US or the global ZEV alliance have passed laws relating to their goal and it is unlikely they'll do so for well over a decade. It is also currently unclear if they have the legal authority to implement such a strict mandate, which most likely be challenged by automakers."

And:

"The California New Car Dealers Association, along with other car-selling businesses groups, said that the Board is overestimating demand for zero-emission vehicles. They estimate that the technology implemented in those vehicles raises their price by an average of US $3,200, something that consumers have not been willing to accept. Moreover, the Associated Press reported that the president of the Dealers Association, Jonathan Morrison, said that the while the dealers are supportive of new technologies, buyers have been too slow to adopt them."

IMO California will go bankrupt long before 2050 and unable to pay the incentives necessary to prop up the CARB pipedream. This could easily push plans another 10 years before some kind of restriction on sales. Which could mean that in 2059 you can still buy a brand new +1,200 hp ICE exotic with all other ICE vehicles still legal to own and operate. The sky is not falling. Enjoy your ICE.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Eric308gtsiqv likes this.