Famous Testarossa Owners-- | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Famous Testarossa Owners--

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Jaguar 15, Jun 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Figured I'd add another to the list of infamy. A good friend of mine that grew up in Chicago just made me aware of it last night and there is no mention of it anywhere on the internet. In his own words as a youngster

Mr T would take his testarrosa there to get fixed.
    Yup he had a red one. He would drop off his car then get a steak breaded sandwich at ricobenes next door. The owner of the shop was on the rich and famous. I’ll look up the shop. See if I can find info. It was on 26st off of shield. I remember I was sitting on the floor with my TV dinner watching the rich and famous and there he was on the f-ing show

He's looking up the name of the shop in the Chicago area for me. I definitely want to see that episode now!

Robtheheat likes this.
  2. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Hadn't been on the TR forum for at least a year...was missing my black '85 TR I sold in 2015, so I thought I'd check in for old times sake, and this old thread was on the front page.

Paul Walker had one in his extensive collection. Yep, you guessed it...black!

[​IMG]

3. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
  4. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I thought I posted this video on this thread already but I guess not. OJ Simpson telling a (funny) story about his Testarossa and getting out of a speeding ticket:

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    No wonder TR prices are where they are - enough said.

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Not sure if this was mentioned.. but Richard Pryor had one. He did a gut busting bit about it on Johnny Carson's show. It used to be on YouTube but got pulled unfortunately. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at a comedy bit. If anybody has a link, I would love to see it again..

7. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Here you go...skip to 5:30 for the TR story. Pryor was the best in his day.

tomc likes this.
  8. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Evidently not, because this is the second time you've posted this opinion (that only "loser" celebrities owned TRs) in this thread.

What other supercar was owned by big name celebrities spanning three decades? Hard to get bigger than Michael Jackson in the 80s, Michael Jordan in the 90s, Paul Walker in the 2000s.

What celebrities make your grade and what awesome supercar did they drive?

TR values are where they are because they made so many of them! I'll leave you with this pic. I challenge you to find a cooler image of a celebrity and a supercar...MJ was equally cool as Steve McQueen (in their heyday).

[​IMG]

9. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Really, A basketballer - yes , they were big in the 80s but the 80s is hardly the decade to be remembered.

A bigger name for th e 80s than Michael JORDAN is easily Micahel Jackson and President Trump, which to my knowledge didn't own Testarossas. And both names I mentioned are well known globally unlike your ball player was known in the Us and Canada at best. ....as for your Michael Jordan, dose he even have a monument in Chicago anywhere with his name on it ;)

Is that the best we have that owned TRs ?

And FYI ....my slam was directed at OJ as a TR owner, that's nothing to be proud of, or that I want to be associated with. But if you do , knock yourself out.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

MJ is the GOAT! TRs are iconic. One the best car of all time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Looool Trump and Michael Jackson bigger than Michael Jordan.
    Do you realize that to many people and to a whole generation Jordan is god in sneaker? First athlete to ever become a billionaire.
    Never had to be bankrupt countless of times like this questionable president.
    Really stupidest statement ever... U can mess with the TR but don’t mess with the greatest athlete of all time.

xplodee likes this.
  12. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Michael Jordan an owner...Well, well, well we have here a nice fact if someone tells us he's a little cramp in a TR.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#88 Bradwilliams, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    And there are plenty of other millionaires/billionaires/successful people that have filed bankruptcy and come back stronger. Just like an athlete coming back from an injury. So what's your point? Vent about your "questionable president" remarks in P and R. Keep it out of the TR forum. And I am part of the generation you speak of. Bo Jackson, Tyson, and Jordan were all gods back then and still are. I like many, was lucky to be able to see them all in their primes, all at the same time. Michael Jackson is on that same plateau, just different arena. It's funny in retrospect. Tyson exited his prime first via Douglas (although he actually was in decline for two years before that, Douglas got lucky and caught him at the end of the decline exposing him). Guy would have unquestionably retired the greatest heavyweight of all time had he kept his original management team/trainer and stayed out of trouble. He never would have lost a fight had he walked that path. And Bo went down with the injury less than a year later in a freak accidental injury. His body was so powerful that he outran it and pulled his hip out socket. Now that is a tale of folklore. And Jordan had a terrible knee injury that put him out after just a few years in the league, returned to the basktball court and put on arguably the greatest performance in the history of the league at the boston Garden (one of the greatest teams of all time). I hate sports today, but I point to the fact that we were all so spoiled back then. That is one of the greatest sports eras of all time. And honorable mentions Magic Johnson, Bird, Carl Lewis, Barkley, :) Also hollywood captured that golden era of sports Americana perfectly with Field of Dreams. Those were the days.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

MJ never had a knee injury. He broke his foot. Came back and scored 63 at the Boston garden.

Tyson great athlete, convicted rapist. Michael Jackson, great talent- accused of child molestation numerous time.
    Bo Jackson- Too short of a career to be called a goat.
    Magic Johnson? Well we know what happened .
    Bird himself called MJ god in shorts after he scored 63.
    Carl Lewis? All time
    Great for sure who ROUTINELY failed drug tests in the 80’s.
    Barkley? My man, love him; couldn’t play D and served time in jail for DUI and community service for throwing a guy into a shop...
    MJ? 6-0, 5 mvps, 10 straight scoring titles, 2 gold medals. Never a scandalous issue aside some reports of gambling.
    U brought up Trump and dared saying in the 80’s he was more famous than any of these guys?
    Come on no comparison.
    That you like those guys great, that u support trump great for u too but comparing his popularity to Jordan?non sense...
    As far as the TR it remains to date one of the highest selling ferrari ever. Feel free to dislike it but the general public does love it, but i guess the general public is not always right , cf trump?

15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#90 Bradwilliams, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    I never brought up Trump you did and again please go cry about the election result/electoral college in P and R. Nobody wants to hear it here. And I am a TR owner. Been obsessed with it since I was 6 years old. And For the record Bo is the greatest athlete since Jim Thorpe who is the Greatest athlete of all time. Bo and Thorpe are in a stratosphere that even Jordan cannot touch. As great as he was. Athleticism is the ability to play as many sports as possible at an elite level. Bo was elite at multiple professional sports. Jordan couldn't even hack it into the MLB. And had a brothel of chicks that he had at his disposal that he kept on the downlow. But you're right, overall he was a class act. Thorpe was pro and elite at just about every sport under the sun and had the olympic gold medals to also back it up. Guy is untouchable just like Bo was. And also for the record. The general public did take a giant poop on the TR and Countach ever since the mid to late 90s. People have short memories. Rewind to 1994-2013 and you will hear nothing but how ugly/garish/80s they were. There was a two decade period where both of those cars were non grata, even amongst many enthusiasts. In fact there are still quite a few that are still polarized it but the court of public opinion has shifted more back to it being unique, cool and pretty again. I never stopped loving the TR and could give a monkey's ass what anybody else said about them during that period.

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    And here I thought you were going to include Pete Rose as a TR owner .... thank god .....

I would have preferred better quality people in the 80s own testarossa 's than a coke head Richard Pryor, convicted felon like Oj , or a transgender like Eddie Murphy. Or a striped Olympic medal winner like Ben Johnson. I guess overall JORDAN is a great pick in this category.

I see you have a bromance with Jordan, I personally prefer female athletes myself, but hey, whatever floats your boat :D

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Actually i didn’t...Big red did...

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah right better than ur statement about trump being so famous ...

19. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Well he is the most powerful man of the free world after all ... ... I think he did alright. I would have preferred Trump to be a TR owner in the 80s over OJ, but hey, thats just me.

MOSS likes this.
  20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

LMAO! And I have always concurred. Those photos of Jordan coming and going from the United center in with the M air J plates are the most epic Testarossa photos in existence if you ask me. Sweetness had a black one. Wish there were more photos out there of it. But hey female athletes? I'll take Blair O'neal. Met her at a golf tournament a year ago.

Attached Files:

MS250 likes this.
  21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I always thaught that this here is a ferrari chat, not a celebrities chat. if I like to read about this I would not have a look in this ferrarichatt.com here

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Fair, but this latest ranting here is not about celebrity chat, it's about Greatness chat :)

23. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey speaking of the 80s nostalgia, who remembers Test Drive on the Commodore 64 (TR related!)

24. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

The title itself says "famous testarossa owners" - did you think we were talking about you in the last 4 pages ?

Bradwilliams likes this.
  25. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    right, famous owners
    but no hostilities who is more famous or not
    and if you are famous? :)