Carfax shows 'Manufacturer Vehicle' | FerrariChat

Carfax shows 'Manufacturer Vehicle'

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by vinuneuro, Dec 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    The car is a 2016. I assume this isn't a lemon buy back since it has no history before being sold at auction. So does this usually mean press vehicle or manufacturer exec vehicle? My concern is getting a basket case or car that's been abused. Otherwise this car is a color, options and transmission combination I want.

This is the entire carfax for this car:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    It would appear that the only one who can answer this is your Cadillac Certified Dealer who is selling the car.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I bought a BMW (certified 650) like that was a reps car from SC, turns out the car was in an accident (not listed on car fax seems manufacturers cars do not get reported), and I did not know until I went to trade it in. I would ask a lot of questions if I were you, and get it in writing no accidents or damage.

4. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Thanks for the suggestions to get that in writing. I'm always a bit nervous buying cars remotely. Hopefully a PPI is enough.

5. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

This can be anything from a car used by an executive as a weekend car, to a car stripped down & put back together repeatedly for training techs. The former is more common than the latter but there's lot of range there.

6. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    #6 vinuneuro, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Yea this is a mystery and I decided to pass on the car even thought it's CPO and priced really attractively from a Cadillac dealer. Too many unknowns to sleep easy.

The car is an ATS coupe manual trans, and they are very hard to find. Most probably an exec car since mid-level guys at GM don't get to choose or spec what car they'll get and GM doesn't hand out coupes and manual cars at that level. What's perplexing is the 12k odo since exec cars are usually rotated at 6mo. Who knows, but I don't want to risk a car that might have been a press vehicle.