Cavallino Classic | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classic

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Dec 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Who’s attending the Cavallino Classic next month? I went last year and loved it.

2. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    I will be there entering my car for the seventh year.

3. LCW

LCW Karting

Dec 29, 2016
    South Florida
    I will be there, including the track day on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It's only 1 hour from me, but the website confuses me, so many event, so many things. Is it really $5500 for 2 people to go? If I wanted to take my girlfriend and go up from Miami, which events would I want to do. I have a Ferrari 575 I just acquired but I've never been to something like this. Obviously mine's not a classic so I would just go and park with the regular folk right? I would love to head up for the day, but which day is best and which events should I get tickets to? Thank you. If all the days are good we can stay down in palm beach but for me personally I prefer the boca beach club a little ways away to the breakers, Ive stayed at both and boca beach club is my favorite resort in south florida.

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It really depends on what your passion is. Track days are awesome because you get to see and hear these legendary Ferrari’s stretch their legs. Whatever you decide, I think the most important thing to attend is the concourse on Saturday at the Breakers. You will really see the best of the best, up close and personal. I know some complain about the ticket price at $200 a head, but still well below other shows in this realm (such as Pebble Beach @ $375 and the Quail, which I believe are $650). Nothing to complain about. It’s one of the finest, if not the finest, Ferrari concourses in the world. I hope you’re able to attend.

6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    ok cool Ill check it out I've never been, I dont mind the $200. Question, do I buy the tickets from now or when I arrive there? Also would you take my 575 or should I just go up there in my regular car. Im not looking to have to park the 575 in a parking lot or valet it if thats the case.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    You can buy tickets at the event when you arrive, or ahead of time. Either option.

As for your car - you can drive it there and self park in the Breakers lot. There are many exotic cars parked in the lot which actually makes for a show in itself. Having said that, I would call the Breakers ahead just to be certain they have not changed anything. One other option is to display your car on the concourse lawn for display only (not judged). That is an option, for a fee.

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    FYI Pebble is US$ 325, not $ 375.

Marcel Massini

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  10. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    I don't believe The Breakers offers self-parking during this event. It's either valet or park a block to the north, along Royal Poinciana in a 3-hour spot for free. Drawback is, if you are gone for four hours, the cost of the parking ticket may be about the same as valet.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    You may be right. All I know is that the large lot (front left if facing the hotel) had a ton of Ferrari’s (and others) parked during the concourse. I personally saw many owners parking themselves (not valets). Again, I would call ahead and ask.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Unless you are entering your car, or staying at The Breakers, I would take the dd. Parking was $50 three years ago, it's probably more now.

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Looking forward to seeing some amazing Ferrari's in a couple weeks.

14. DocRogers

DocRogers Karting

Oct 11, 2015
    Maine
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I have been a couple of times, it's an incredible event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Great weekend. Cavallino Classic was an amazing event yesterday. Great turnout from the best of the best Ferrari’s.

Ira Schwartz and Texas Forever like this.