The Huracan Performante...(eating the humble pie...) | FerrariChat

The Huracan Performante...(eating the humble pie...)

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Claudia65, Dec 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    Erm....well.....i lost something like a bet and i must admit in public that i was wrong, thats what im doing here now..:)
    My driving buddies mostly drive these things from 20 Miles behind Maranello...and i was making fun of their cars since we drive together...and mostly rightly so, i tried a Aventador and compared to my F12 it didnt impress me, at least not for that money....i tried a normal RWD Huracan and compared to the Speciale..i would always choose one Speciale over three Huracans.....but here`s the Problem....a few days ago i got the chance to drive that Performante thing i made so many jokes about, especially its Nürburgring adventure..:)
    And well i must spit it out in public now....this thing is absolutely BRILLIANT (gosh that was hard to admit) :)
    I dont buy cars by its 0-60 times or topspeeds..they need to tick my boxes...create a immediate emotional bond..its the feeel, the sound...the goosebump factor...and well the Performante got all of that and more..its so much fun to drive and that spinetingling sound of that V10...its probably the most exciting car they built since the old monsters like the Murcielago etc.....so here s my question....does anyone of you guys own one and if so...is it worth buying one? i know they might depreciate..but maybe this is one of the very last N/A greats....so i am seriously considering it...so if any of you guys has one and could give some advice..reliability and so on..i would appreciate it......

(This post wont change anything though..once a red, always a red ;-) )

crinoid, G. Pepper, Afonsolaw and 2 others like this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Not a Lamborghini guy, but the Huracan Performante is close to the top of the heap on a lot of tracks. http://fastestlaps.com

Claudia65 likes this.
  3. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Agree that the Performante is among the last of the old-school supercars. Spent quite a few miles in one on some great roads and a track last week and came away impressed.

Claudia65 and G. Pepper like this.
  4. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    And thats the Problem....i am not a Lambo fan at all...but this thing...i had it for half a day..and i enjoyed every second...its not even really pretty...but its absolutely fantastic....i am not hoarding cars..but i want to have enough to be able to enjoy N/A cars whenever i like when they dont make them anymore, without putting a gazillion miles on each...so this is maybe a great thing to have fun with and whack it around whenever i like and it wouldnt affect the milage on the Ferraris...and who knows this thing is so good it might become a classic one day...so maybe i should seriously consider one...:(:(:(:(

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Love is not logical. :)

Claudia65 likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Only lambo I would ever consider.
    Would love to get impression vs speciale. I would guess speciale more livable and maybe awd on lambo would detract from ultimate handling but im sure would need lots of time in them to chose which one like better

Claudia65 likes this.
  7. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    well ultimate handling is a very subjective thing i guess, i didnt go full chat because it was not my car..but i think the AWD (in combination with that ALA Magic) cured Lambo`s biggest disease...it turns in brilliantly, and well i cant really give a neutral judgement because the Speccer was my first one that i bought new, that i specced like i wanted it..and that makes me a little biased i guess...the Speciale is like a favourite pair of jeans, you put it on and it feels great..for me personally its the best modern car on the planet as an allround package but everyone has a own driving style and expectations...but the Performante comes close, it gives you a lot of confidence but at the same time it feels like its telling you constantly.."oh come on..you can go quicker" ;-) as i said, until a few weeks ago i would have thought i ll NEVER buy one of these doorstopper wedges..but this thing makes me think...

95spiderman and G. Pepper like this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Good review. Both awesome so could just flip a coin as to which one to get

9. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    No no no no :) If i had to choose between the two it would always be the speciale, i mean you wont give away your pet for someone elses..its family :)

G. Pepper likes this.
  10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ahh I get it but what would it be like if the hp was your car 1st and then tested the speciale

11. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    then i would say....one is a Ferrari and the other one is just a Lambo :)

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Well that settles it - need to own both! Lol

Claudia65 likes this.
  13. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    you are too kind...why does never anyone say..be responsible, save the money....you dont need another car....LOL

tomc and G. Pepper like this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Actually, to me it sounds as though you need to buy a second Speciale.
    You admit it is a better car, NA, and want to whack away at the miles...have a second-hand Speciale to put miles on, use the one you specc'd for more special occasions.
    ;)

Claudia65 likes this.
  15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Be responsible, save money, you don't need another car :)

Jo Sta7, G. Pepper and Claudia65 like this.
  16. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    To be honest i have thought about it...after i saw a Speciale Aperta for sale in the same colour as mine...could put Miles on mine then....;-)

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Totally off topic, but Claudia, how is the Swiss attitude towards supercars?

Claudia65 likes this.
  18. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    #18 Claudia65, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    well, we only live here since 1,5 years..and well though there are more supercars in this country than anywhere else, except Dubai and Monaco..but on the other hand....Petrolheads are the Antichrist here...fines are enormous and a very low tolerance...fines can depend on your income, so fines with 5 or 6 numbers are not uncommon...and over a certain speed too much its considered a crime..so thats Jail 1-4 years...and you get deported if you arent swiss..you can get away with probation though...but as i said the community is quite big and where we live in Zug..or in Geneva, Zurich etc you see several supercars everyday everywhere , but the good thing is, where we come from in Germany a supercar is a rare sight outside the big cities..and everyone is staring at you...here nobody cares..most people dont even look because you see them all the time..

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Those fines are terrible. Such a beautiful country though!

Claudia65 likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    And no race tracks either since even pro racing is illegal. How far is it to tracks in neighboring countries? If more than couple hours away, would make owning exotic car in switz a big waste, imo

Claudia65 likes this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There is that runway in a valley that’s been getting lots of play (was on the Grand Tour). It’s stunning.

Claudia65 likes this.
  22. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    not at all...ok a little example...in our little canton..which is the smallest..11 towns..around 110 k people...there are 79!!!! radar devices, mobile and stationary...:)
    so you really need to be careful but that doesnt mean you cant have fun..no matter where you are, the next mountain pass is max 20 Minutes away..and when you know where...its not only the 6-7 famous passes...there are hundreds of them and on these roads..when the mountain is one the left and the abyss on the right of the road...there is not much room for the cops to hide ;-) but its also around 2 hours to drive to the circuit in Monza or to Anneau du Rhin in Alsace, France...or you just go across the border and enjoy the german Autobahn :)

95spiderman likes this.
  23. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    #23 Claudia65, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    well we live around 20 mins from where they filmed the first part of the first episode of season 2...Lucerne and the lean cuisine hotel is 10 Miles from us..and we have a other little runway too i know the owner and when its not too busy there, we have a little fun there now and then :)

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Nice place to visit but I could not bring myself to live in a place with such behavior control.

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Mountain roads and 2 hrs to monza, sounds pretty good!

Claudia65 likes this.