For Sale - Rossion Q1 for sale | FerrariChat

For Sale Rossion Q1 for sale

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by FCat360, Dec 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    After three years I am selling my Rossion Q1

History of the car:

It is a 2009, so built as a roller by HiTech in South Africa who also built the Nobles.
    I think I’m the fourth owner. I bought it in January 2015 from a guy in Houston who had it at Turbo Hoses for almost a year.

TurboHoses Dyno shows 492hp at rear wheels. I can drive it hard all day and after spending a lot of time making minor changes here and there related to heat dissipation, it’s a rock star. And everyone wants to know what it is.

I bought it for the track (HPDE, not racing), as I found the cost of driving my older Ferrari on the track was getting prohibitive parts cost wise.

The Hooverizing was about $70k.
    I’ve also spent a fair bit making it more bullet proof:

- Custom Kevlar racing clutch (perhaps little grabby for 1st gear on the street)
    - Seat back exit holes were raised so that shoulder harness would not spine compress (I'm 6'1")
    - Modified 4 pt harness to 5pt to avoid submarining (still has street 3pt)
    - rad fan kill switch - we found that the fans act like a wall buffeting the air when running at speed. Better to run without the rad(s) and turn them on as you pit.
    - full four corner balance done by race shop (6thGear) major handing difference noticed
    - AP Racing' C6 Corvette rotors all four corners, car stops, no brake fade or chatter, and Ferodo Racing 2500 pads all four corners. Thanks to Willy.

The car runs in the mid to high 1:30s lap times at Mosport which puts it up against some of the cup cars.

This summer, I put on a carbon fibre front clam, which reduced the front end weight by about 40 lbs. but then it became too light in the front at speed (>120mph), so I put on the CF canards which plant the front end nicely.

There are two sets of wheels, one set of Forgeline wheels with Michelin race slicks (like art gum, new July 2017)) and another more stock set with Toyo Proxies 888s for wet work.

Winter 2016-2017, it saw two US track day events - Daytona and Sebring. Spent the rest of the winter on my lift in the garage.

The past two summers, the car has stayed at Mosport Race Track, being maintained by 6ThGear racing. The only street use was to drive to another track once for a day and back. This year I probably did 10 track days which is average for me.
    It wants for nothing.

I am selling as I have bought a Radical SR3 for track days.

Current mileage 25k.

Price $55k firm FOB Naples FL.

Call if you want more detail.

Cheers

Don
    905-703-8667

\
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

EarlyCat likes this.
  2. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

You have a pm

3. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    So cool, what engine?

4. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    These and the Nobles (the precursor to the Rossion) are powered by a Ford Duratec 3.0 litre. The units were made in South Africa as a roller, imported to the US and powered. The spec was a twin turbo putting out about 430hp. Since the car only weighs about 2400lbs, it works well.

This unit was sent to TurboHoses in California in 2014 where it was converted to a single Garret 35 turbo. The Dyno shows 492hp. This is actually a detune. When testing after the bottom up build I believe it was well north of 540hp. IIRC Turbohoses was competing in GT3 out west and doing well.

5. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Yeah "detuned" LOL that HP and TQ curve is meaty in the middle. Lot of cool car for the price.

6. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Thanks. I've had the back end get loose even in 4 to 5 shift with the slicks when in the power band.

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Godamnit. Can’t you wait a year ?

I’d say GLWS, but that would imply I’m not selfish, and I want to buy this. But have to move first for more space...

Ok, fine, GLWS :)

FCat360 likes this.
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This. Is. Awesome.

9. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I still like these... very cool car.

10. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    The best value for money offering I have ever seen. I take it the car is streetable and licensed? Can it pass CA rules? I'd guess I'd have to check. Seriously want this. If I cannot afford a Superperformance GT40, this is dammed close.

11. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    It is Florida tagged. As for California, you might best ask Hoover at TurboHoses since he built the engine and is in California.

It is serial #RUS0042

12. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    There were several Superperformance GT40 at Sebring for the vintage race weekend Dec 1-3. Three were in Gulf Livery. Stunning!
    (I have my Radical wrapped in Gulf Livery.)

13. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Dude you are just wetting my appetite! The wife is going to have a serious nervous breakdown.

14. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Sorry, although I'm sure she is wonderful, can't take your wife on trade.

dsd likes this.
  15. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Bumpity bump bump

Still available. Anyone looking for a track day fun monster????

16. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Well, no more interest.

A couple of people have said it's priced too low, there must be something wrong, So the price goes up on Monday as I'll be putting it for consignment sale.

The reason for selling is because I bought a Radical which is going to take up my garage space at the track. Someone could have gotten a bargain.

17. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Car has gone to Blackhorse Motors in Naples to sell for me. Higher price.

They did a nice detailing job on it and have a pile of pictures on their website.

18. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    Gone baby Gone.

Thanks to those who showed interest.