Jag V12 | Page 34 | FerrariChat

Jag V12

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Nickt, Feb 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just an amazing feat. The fact you have stuck with it and gone from just an engine and an idea to where you are now is amazing! Way to go

2. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Hi Guys, I hope you are all well. Its been a while since I wrote an update.
    I sold the Zonda in 2018 and spent the money getting my 308's engine rebuilt. So it went to a good cause.
    But I have built another car!

This time I have built a mid engined Spitfire. I used the running gear of a 2000 Passat with a 20v 1.8T 170bhp engine and mounted it where the Spit's diff would normally sit.

The rear of the chassis use an Audi quattro rear subframe and the front uses BMW M1 front hubs,

The car became "legal" just before Christmas, the turbo has been upgraded, injectors, fuel rail and ECU mapped to 280 bhp. It is insanely fast. Makes my old Dino feel like a milk float.

I need to get my car weighed, front and back, does anyone have any ideas? I want to 1) check weight distribution, and 2) make sure I have the right springs front and rear. At the moment I am using lots elise rear coil overs and at the front OEM spitfire on fully adjustable shocks.

The car will feature and be a front page cover in February's Practical Performance Car magazine :)

Any help would be appreciated

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    That looks something! Love to see more pictures.

As to weights, any shop that does race preparation should have scales for setting ride height/ balance. A bit of google search would hopefully find somewhere.

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Wow Nick, blimey still at it. It looks like fun.:)

I would beef up the front wish bones and chassis.

I hit a large pot hole in the south of France in my 1500 back it 1979/80, I manged to straighten it a little by adjusting the track rod end and limp home, but when I took it to the local Triumph dealer, they said it had twisted the chassis!!. It was time to sell it quickly. I was very upset as it was first decent car.

5. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Hi There, yes the chassis is beefed up a bit i added a spaceframe at the rear and where the engine would normally sit added a frame for extra strength. I woud certainly not drive it to France :)
    I weighed it yesterday with some bathroom scales that weigh up to 500 lb, the car has 55/45 weight distribution and weighs 585 kg.. so that gives me .5bhp / kg... not a bad power to weight ratio.
    Its going to be in Feb's practical performance magazine :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login