Picture of framed factory F355 engine poster | FerrariChat

Picture of framed factory F355 engine poster

Discussion in '348/355' started by andrew911, Dec 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I've been meaning to post this for a while- probably over a year ago now, someone had one of these on ebay for too much money (it could be the same one/seller that has one on ebay for $400 currently). Anyway, I was able to look around and get this one for much less, and I had it professionally framed. It's in our basement/rec room. Even my wife liked it when she saw how it came out :) I keep my car stuff, posters and signs limited to the basement and the garage....but I'm running out of wall space- ha!

Anyway, someone here has this poster image as their avatar and I always meant to post this here. The pictures below are not good quality pictures (from my phone)- the framed picture looks much nicer in person!

Just look at those beautiful intake trumpets and exhaust headers :) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Robb, Pangea and baschul like this.
  2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
  3. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    interesting for the media picture they showed the headers exposed without shells.. they sure look better quality then reality 20+ years later.

Yassa and Robb like this.
  5. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they used tubi headers in the picture- ha! I’m running the original headers with 24k miles on them- they seem fine but if the shells were removed I’m not fooling myself that they’d look like the pretty ones in the picture :).

By the way, the slight mark on the close up shot is the reflection of the basement floodlights- the pic looks better in person (I used the better glass the is low reflection/UV protection, but in the pic you see the floodlight due to the picture angle..)

6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Robb likes this.
  7. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Yes, Andrew, the OEM manifolds sure look nice with the covers off and all polished up the way they are in those pictures that's for sure.

17.5 miles on my original manifolds which also seem fine. And they've experienced extreme conditions in my F355 Challenge over the past 22 years. I'll replace them when my technician feels it's necessary.

Barry

8. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    that's definitely a pic of a 2.7 engine.. can tell by the MAF..
    as for the headers.. they are for sure the original Ansa headers.. just not shelled.. you can tell by the tubing and the collectors..

9. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    that poster is very nice

10. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    Is this still available?

Thanks!