575 tire pressure system | FerrariChat

575 tire pressure system

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by AlanAZ, Jul 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlanAZ

AlanAZ Rookie

Sep 18, 2013
    Hi,

I have a 2002 575M. The tire pressure system wont calibrate. I am told that the batteries wear out after a number of years. I have read several threads on this subject, but they don't say what you replace for new batteries. I have 19" wheels. Thanks

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alan- When the sensor batteries go, after 3-5 years for Gen 1 sensors, and 5-8 years for Gen 1.5 sensors, you replace the entire sensor. If you have a US 575M, you need 315 MHz sensors and those are dark brown Huf-Beru RDE004s. Somewhere between $350 and $500 for a set of four, depending on source. Your Gen 1 originals, if they are originals, would probably be dark gray, although that would be close to a record for Gen 1 sensors.

3. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Is there a way to put a tire pressure sensor system with display in a 2000 550.

4. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #4 tazandjan, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Affirmative, very easy. Schrader has a very nice system with choice of hard wired or battery powered receiver that I had on my 575M after we softwared out the Huf-Beru system. The battery (2xAA) version is the Schrader 20256 and costs about $200. Replacement sensors are only about $50 each, but just as easy to just buy an entire new kit. As you can see, gives pressure and temperature. I put on a set of factory accesory valve caps to brighten up the rubber valves with antennas inside.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Thanks Terry, I would like to use the run flats but I am afraid one mite get low without knowing it

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Run flats do not perform quite as well as normal ultra performance summer tires, but do offer a lot more security. This system works very well and my only complaint is that you will get false alarms sometimes in heavy traffic. Just have to push the ok button to stop. Mine sat just behind the ashtray, so was easy to reach and push without having to look.

7. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Taz, I would appreciate it if you would elaborate a bit on your statement, "...after we softwared out the Huf-Beru system". Is this done to kill alerts in the central display that the built-in TPMS is not functioning? How esoteric is the deactivation process (if that's what it is)? Is there anything tricky about installing the aftermarket valve stems/monitors?

Thanks! DON S.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Don- We have no idea how we did it. FAI rebuilt the Superamerica instrument panel and when it came back, that software was just not there. The dealer can turn off the TPMS system, but you still get a warning light when you power up, that then disappears. Mine is just gone.

9. AlanAZ

AlanAZ Rookie

Sep 18, 2013
    Taz,

I am the original owner of the 2002 575M and the stupid tire pressure system just went out.

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alan- Congratulations, you are probably the owner whose Gen 1 TPMS sensors (dark gray) have lasted the longest. My 2004 (Nov 2003 build) sensors were gone by Summer 2008. Not a problem now.

11. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Congrats Allen, Taz is correct (as usual).
    You probably made it the longest on an original set of TPMS. I have a brand new set of generation II HUF TPMS sensors if you need them. Personally I would turn off the TPMS system and forget about them but that's just me. If you decide you want them let me know. I'm sure I will beat anyone's asking price :)
    Cheers Mat

12. TZ 750

TZ 750 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2009
    Taz:

I am wondering if you have an
    up-date on this information.

The price is important, but more
    important for me is working
    with the stock dash display.

Combining the cost to R&R four (4) wheels
    and tires plus rebalance, I don't mind a little
    more cost if it is going for better quality............

Cheers, Scott

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Tire pressure and temp is extremely impotant to have right when going really fast. I will see if I can find something similar in Europe. I have had spikes and screws in my 550 tires several times, and the tires don't puncture and run flat of that reason, but after some time the pressure becomes low... I can't check the tire pressure every time I drive the car.... You never know when a "speed run" is neccesary, and the tires might have a too low pressure. This is a dangerous situation. Great thing for no money!! Thanks.

15. TZ 750

TZ 750 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2009
  16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Scott- The magic of the 575M, push the left button and get the outside temperature the sensor on the left mirror is reading. On mine, that and the clock are the only magic left.

17. TZ 750

TZ 750 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2009
    Ha !

18. TZ 750

TZ 750 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2009
    Terry: Is this what I am looking for ?

Does this use a separate hole in the rim ?

Will my 2002 575M automatically recognize this unit ?

Apparently AMAZON doesn't have them at the moment.....

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  20. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Since I always do a quick pressure check before going out and can usually feel a 5lb difference it would be great to just turn off the system and not get a warning light.

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bruce Anyone with an SD2 can turn off the system.

22. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Looks like I will be talking to Dave Lelonek Sticky RX about this too. He has an SD and is close by. Great to know this can be turned off rather than waste the money. Bruce