5712 Patek | FerrariChat

5712 Patek

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by speedyellow08, Nov 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Hello All... I am interested in owning a 5712 Patek and in the market for a while. Last weekend found a mildly used one in a reputable family owned jewelry store. Crystal is in good condition, comes with full set of papers and box. Asking price is 34K. Looking for some advise on the price. I would be happy to buy from anyone here want to off load one from their collection. Thanks.

2. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    This might help you gauge pricing.

https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=patek+5712&last_days=0

3. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    DavidSW and Takuya are very trustworthy. Your $34,000 looks reasonable.

4. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    I think Takuya is from Houston, TX. He had one for sale in Timezone some time back. I was not sure about about buying it from individuals, I will check if Takuya has one. Thanks

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    You don't "own" a Patek.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

speedyellow08 likes this.
  6. cwoehrn

cwoehrn Rookie

Jul 10, 2017
    Make sure it is an original and get the certificate. I acquired a Calatrava from 1945, with certificate and it stopped working after a while. I gave it to the PP store in London and they sent it to Geneva where they found the original drawings of my watch. It cost £3200 to restore it including the mother of pearl inlet and polished the rose gold casing and buckle. It is pristine, once again, 62 years later ... you cannot go wrong and yes you never actually own it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Why wouldnt you get a new one for that price?

My technique to get one what to put myself on the list at 6 ADs across US and Europe. I was buying not 1 but 2 at the same time.
    Ultimately, my local dealer at Tysons Corner in VA got the 2 watches for me within 3 months. This was 2 years ago.

8. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    I agree with Baron, no way would I pay "overs" for this model. Just be patient and you will find one at list. I also don't think this model will stay trendy forever and everyone who wants one will have one.

9. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Speed here's one from EWC https://www.europeanwatch.com/27005.html. I have no affiiation with them, just have bought watches from them. Prices are always negotiable. Hope this helps. Agree, be patient and good luck.