mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 18 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Agreed.

2. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
  3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    95spiderman likes this.
  4. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    At the Dubai introduction of the ZR1, GM officials noted that this is the last FE Corvette before the ME C8:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

See here at 9:02 - I think I'll be $1.00 richer!! :D

5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    That video was not done by GM. And those screen shots have been debunked as not GM sanctioned. While ulitimately it may come true it has not yet been released.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You believe everything on the internet? This is not from Chevy. It's the rumor mill at work again.

7. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    We'll see in a few months - as I said, I think I'll have a shiny new one-a-dolla-bill in my pocket!!

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I do not dispute that this will be the last front engined Corvette before the ME one, but I highly doubt this will be the last front engined vette that they will make.

anunakki likes this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was told tonight by a dealer that the Mid Engined Vette will have a twin turbo V6 making about 700 hp and butterfly doors. Priced around $150 loaded. Targeting Ferrari and McLaren full on.

10. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I never believe a dealer. Why do you?

rdefabri likes this.
  11. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    And to add to that same theme, why would anyone believe a dealer when everyone here talks smack about them anyway? Oh I know! When they got the scoop then they are the ****. Not.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m just relaying what I was told. It’s as reasonable as any other piece of info posted here about the car.

13. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Even at Corvette Forum, an overwhelming proportion on members agree the car will be $65k or so.

Far too much emotion with these rumors, but that's not - and never will be - Chevy's business model.

Oh, by the way, short of the Impala, many Chevy products are seeing double-digit declines in sales volume. GM has 6 of the top 10 worst days-on-hand inventories at dealers. You think they are so stupid to take one of their most profitable vehicles and turn it into a low volume halo car?

NO CHANCE. They are building a car that will sell 45,000+ units globally. The Corvette does well domestically but sucks balls in Europe. Conversely, Porsche sells as many 911s in Europe as they do in the US, and Ford Mustang is KILLING it in Europe. If Chevy could sell even 10,000 Corvettes in Europe, that would be a HUGE win, and that's what they are targeting.

This is a business, not a hobby. The car will be sub-$100k, have a V8, and eschew overly fancy features like butterfly doors (which we know is ******** from the spy shots of the car, doors are conventional).

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    rdefabri likes this.
  15. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think the Impala is a handsome car, but from an article I recently read, a large percentage of their sales are apparently to fleets for rental cars. When these cars hit the used market, such a large number tends to undermine used car prices and perceived values for consumers who then choose something else that they feel will retain value better. It is a bad cycle to get into. Seems that the same thing happened to the Ford Taurus about a decade ago.

rdefabri and of2worlds like this.
  16. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    I can already see.... (badges / symbols covered up). Is it a Ferrari??? a Lamborghini ??? it's sooo sleek and Euro-peein looking...... Real everyday people, not actors.... What's funny is in doing research on the history of a Mondial (turned out to be an almost identical car, but not the one in question) a previous owner was in one of those "not actors" ads. Among other things, he is, you guessed it, an actor.. Not hating on C8/ME/Zora at all, I just hope they take it good direction

of2worlds likes this.
  17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wrong Target. Should be Porsche.

rdefabri likes this.
  18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I would say that was a drunk dealer specing a ford Gt.

I would bet that this car will be V8 powered. We know Gm is building a quad cam V8 and has the sbc, a v6 makes zero sense.

rdefabri, k wright and crinoid like this.
  19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I still don't understand why people think it will be so low priced. I do not see how or why they wouldn't have it start right under 100 say between 85-95 k.

k wright and 95spiderman like this.
  21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Small Block Chevy

AKA: V8

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It appears that the ME Corvette is going to be aggressively marketed with 3 motor choices. The current V8 plus two DOHC motors (4.2L and 5.5L versions) for upgrades. Figure at least 25k units for 2019 to start.

k wright likes this.
  23. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    And you got this where? I know GM has a 4.2L and 5.5L engines on their motor list for engines that may be made up to 2024.

24. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Make mine a 5.5 then
    Or I'll wait till they bore it to the traditional 5.7.

In any event a modern 5.5 should yield around 600 na hp

Good stuff

25. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Because how do they replace the lost revenue / profit from a lower volume car?

The Corvette is one of Chevy's most profitable vehicles, and in a good year they sell 35,000+ units. The current C7 has now dropped in volume enough to have them worried, and inventories are languishing on lots.

I do this for a living, granted not in automotive, but high end technology. There isn't any business case Chevy would approve whereby they introduce a more expensive car, which would drive volumes down FURTHER!

Instead, they are looking for a car that will open up other non-traditional markets for them (e.g., Europe).

NO chance this car starts at $100k. It starts at $65k for sure.