Where is everybody? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I'm on here at least once per day, but the original post does seem correct ... not much activity in the Mondial section. Luigi, I hope you enjoy the Philippines Ferrari 70th festivities. Please take some pictures for us!

2. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    David please dont expect much . It wont be the same as what you have there in Europe or in the USA . Its still a small community ( Ferrari cars / owners) not that much variety . I will try to post pictures .

enzo360 likes this.
  3. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    I no longer sign on daily. Mostly because the new forum format is too bright, bothers my eyes at night when I usually log on. I'll try fiddling with my settings.

Dave

4. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I've been so busy with life, the car has been mostly in storage for a couple years and now is in the shop getting looked over. I've had it for 8 years, put a lot of miles on it, never a single breakdown. But I've been building some distance between the car and myself. I plan to sell it but hate the sales process. I'm hoping that my Ferrari experience will end in the most epic way possible, a private placement without need to advertise ;) I check in here a couple times a week but on my phone without logging in. I also have other cars waiting in the wings for when I sell the Ferrari, I wish it was gone already, feels like it's holding me back right now. I've become the guy who is tired of his supermodel girlfriend. Never thought it would happen.

5. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I tend to post in some bursts and go quiet, but I do check in to both the Mondial and 308 boards quite regularly.

The new format does not come up without more fuss on an old Blackberry Playbook I still use as might night reader. Technology changes, but I get the vague feeling I am being more efficiently "monetized" as the main reason for technical changes, not necessarily to make for a better user experience (not just Fchat but more generally too, and I would simply prefer that changes keep user experience top of mind regardless of motives). I don't see any benefit of the new changes in my use, maybe there are some I have not figured out yet and will just take time.

Will be replacing the charcoal canister and emissions lines this winter as a project, will post how that goes. Also just did a refurbishment of the parking brake, the ratchet had worn, so took it out, cleaned it up and dremel tooled the mechanism back to working order.

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Yes a lot of guys that were posting a lot are gone. Ted, Mike(soucorp), mulorampante, I sold mine so I mostly read but don't write. Hanksound not here as much as before, same with Jay. Statler is still present once in a while. I guess it's a normal rotation of active members. Mondial section use to be my prefered one.

7. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    Still here and alive! Still re-assembling the dash and consol after renovating the heat/AC black box and have been busy with "while I'm in there" stuff. I read almost daily so no problem. I just don't post much.

8. fdekeu

fdekeu Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2008
    Belzium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Still here but
    Been very busy since September
    + I hate the new layout!

9. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    My Silver subscription expired around the same time the format changed. Figured it was a good time to unplug for a bit.
    Welcome to the new Mondial owners that have joined the ranks!
    Has anyone told them about the minimum post requirements, and thread starts that are required as "the new guys"!?

10. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The new look and feel takes some getting use to, not a fan! I'm on FaceBook more these days with memership on closed private groups and some of the folks here. Look me up at "mikes ferrari porsche group" on FB. I do read this forum once a week to catch up to what the brotherhood is up to.

Cheers,
    Mike

11. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Still here. Busy in the outside world, and spending a lot of time in the vintage and detailing forums trying to learn more about the older cars I also love.

paulchua likes this.
  12. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid

Nope. Still all original.

Up close, she shows some wear - bumpers are faded and there are numerous rock chips on the nose (previous owner used her as a track car).

Even so, she looks great, and I have no plans to repaint her, even if by some miracle Mondials go the way of Dinos and become six figure cars.

Sid

13. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Bell Bloke, still here cars going well, just moved house, been on holiday etc. Don't get here as often as I'd like. How do people ever find the time to get on 'Anti-social media' I have no time for that rubbish.... At least here we are all actually doing stuff.
    Regards Bell

14. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    The only thing I hate more than shopping... Is change. Hate the new format.

Joe

15. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Yes I don't like it either, confusing on my phone.....another reason for not checking in so much...

16. blownfuse

blownfuse Karting

Jul 16, 2012
    Campbell, California
    There's also the active members that are driven away by this forum's owner and moderators. Seems they're only interested in monetization, and anything that threatens their cash cow is perma-banned... even if said ban makes this community less valuable. (see also: recent site redesign)

17. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #42 PV Dirk, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Not a fan or the new format, but I don't think I could have had my Ferrari experience without this place and the great people. I used to be in here a couple times a day and felt like a contributor. I feel a bit bad when I see something I knew an answer to 3 weeks after it was asked. It is part of turnover. I hope all the new folks who come online love this place as much as I have and get as much great information. And for the new folks the format is the only one they have ever known so I hope this place flourishes.

And if y'all like the old format a lot you can get a gen 3 camaro and their forum is in the old style. They even have moderators that lots of people complain about. Very homey :)

paulchua likes this.
  18. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Just enjoying the fall weather.

19. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Recovering from big surgery. Looking forward to being more active in January.
    /Peter

20. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I just have been back. But time is an issue and the new format is not helping. Although I like change the new format is not bringing anything new IMHO.. It actually got worse. IE and some other browsers are not showing the stuff good and you have no bulk update for pictures.. in which time we life in? 1990? ok I got a 87 ride but that does not mean I want to have the browse experience of that era.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. DavidJ

DavidJ Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2012
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm still here. Don't post much but I do visit daily.
    Got a couple of additional cars so I'm spread over a bunch of car sites.
    1965 Corvair Corsa coupe
    1999 Porsche Boxster
    The Box is my go to for fun without the fear of breaking something. It's a blast when you drive it like you stole it.

DavidJ

22. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I also participate a lot more in the subscribed forums. Met some good friends and now just chat with those good friends.

23. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    paulchua and Valenzo like this.
  24. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    hi Temple,

Thanks, so much,for asking about me.

Strokes only belong in an internal combustion engine,which I certainly am not!!But I'mhappy and quite thankful that I'm able to say that all is well now. I'm very focused on completing production of my newwSPIDER TOP.

Rachel,the red girl is also quite well and beautiful as ever.

Cheers and be well,all,

Hank

Valenzo and Jeka like this.
  25. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi "J",

That's one beautiful photo!
    Be well,mate,