Anybody familiar with Bugatti Magnum book? | FerrariChat

Anybody familiar with Bugatti Magnum book?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Michael RPM, Nov 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Just curious to see if anybody knows much about a book published in the late 1980's or early 1990's about the history of Bugatti. I believe there are 2000 copies, and it weighs almost 9 pounds. Pretty neat book, but have not seen or heard much about them.

2. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    What would you like to know? This is number 0376. Each copy came in this cardboard slip cover which has the appearance of being engine turned. The print number is in the gold foil facsimile of a Bugatti chassis id plate. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  3. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Were they available for purchase or were they given as gifts to prospective EB110 customers? I was just wondering the availability when they were new. And the cost back then. Now they seem to be worth a good penny.

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Wow.

Do they come up for sale very often?

Matt

5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Τhis must be an interesting book!

6. Aerolithe57

Aerolithe57 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    unfortunately this book also has some mistakes

7. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    It's on ebay now. They seem to sell from $750-1000.

8. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    I don't remember the distribution being limited in any way. I purchased three copies for $75 each from the publisher.

The internet is revising Bugatti history at an astonishing rate. The web is full of Wags that have never even seen an actual Molsheim-produced Bugatti writing as if they were experts. Conway wrote extensively about the cars and mistakes were corrected in each subsequent book. The Bugatti world is not unlike the Ferrari world in that many cars that were destroyed have been reconstructed. Their owners have gone (and are going) to great lengths to re-write history. The only difference is that the last Bugattis were built around the time of the first Ferraris. Fewer of the men that were actually there when the cars were being used are around to correct the revisionist history. Conway did his best. There will always be "mistakes".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Very nice library you have there.....;)

10. Aerolithe57

Aerolithe57 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    I have over 30 Bugatti books. In every book are the same mistakes. Everyone writes off the mistakes from the other ...