The hottest toy | FerrariChat

The hottest toy

Discussion in 'Technology' started by lcworld, Aug 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    The HTC Vive virtual reality is the most fun I've had with my pants on. It just had a price reduction to $599 from 799. None of the other VR sets comes close. Be careful of your neighbour's kids banging the door down.

https://www.amazon.com/HTC-VIVE-Virtual-Reality-System/dp/B00VF5NT4I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503421607&sr=8-5&keywords=htc%2Bvive&th=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv6nVPPDmEI

If it is complicated for you I'm sure you can pay(tip) your local salesman to set it up. You need a decent PC.

https://www.google.com/search?q=top+vive+games+2017&oq=top+vive+games+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.5189j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Best HTC Vive games & experiences of 2017 - Tech Advisor

Start with TheBlu, an immersive underwater experience, not really a game. Great introduction to VR. Then Brookehaven Experiment and others.

(George Lucas is developing Star Wars games at his special effects company. Alien VR on the horizon too.)

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I really enjoy following the new VR and AR hardware and applications as they race to market.

They haven't got the experience just right yet... but I can see a regular pair of eyeglasses taking the place of a smart phone... and a VR headset taking the place of your living room tv for movies/tv and gaming.

Long way to go from where they're at now... but it's on the way.

3. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    Some of the so called VR out there is doing VR a disservice when they don't track movements. It is then only a 3D viewer, with terrible hand controlled joysticks. Only the ones that track movements give you that VR experience(and the hand controllers are so accurate). I got some VR headsets for my iphone 7 plus and got bored real quick. Samsung S8 VR is not much better. You need the whole package not just from a phone.

4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I take it, you don't get out much ?

5. TravisM

TravisM Rookie

Nov 11, 2017
    I agree, it's pretty fun. The potential is limitless. Can't wait to see where VR takes us.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    They give me a headache and are just a waste of time. If you are a gamer, I can see how it would appeal to you. I'd rather be out, doing fun stuff in real life and driving real cars.

7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  8. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    Haha, look who's talking, from Riverside, California. Quite the opposite. I'm all over the world map hence LCworld.