Koenigsegg Agera RS | FerrariChat

Koenigsegg Agera RS

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Jo Sta7, Dec 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Might be the most stunning car I've ever seen. Ultra aggressive yet beautiful. I'm sure we'll see plenty more vids but I saw this on YouTube figured I'd post up. Enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVSVIOLOfqA

2. mattjs33

mattjs33 Rookie

Oct 4, 2013
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks, very cool. I'm surprised the Agera RS doesn't get more love around here it's really incredible looking. Far too rare though, only 25 to ever exist! A shame really.

4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Always nice to see a beautiful high-performance car idling in traffic.

Zack likes this.
  5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Looks like all the rest of them to me.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Is that a bad thing?

7. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
  8. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Absolutely not. I guess it comes down to the old saying "Don't try to fix what is not broken!"

9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There are some talllllll gears on that car. The guy was riding the clutch the whole time, and you can tell that car has some tall gearing.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think there were a couple areas on the Agera that could have been improved styling wise. In my opinion the One:1 went too far (kit car like) but the Agera RS just nailed it. The rear spoiler is beautiful, the air intakes behind the front wheels are much more aggressive and the front end is more aggressive but not as outlandish as the One:1.

On looks alone I think the Agera RS is a triumph. On driving however, none of us know because it's brand new and they are going to make so very few. Every Koenigsegg race I've seen from dig though they get crushed. That would be my reservation about buying the car, getting smoked at a red light by an AMG GT S or something because the car can't launch. It seems silly but if I was to spend $2+ MILLION on a car I want it to kick everything's ass.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Love the koenigsegg styling, especially the rear end from Agera's.

Fact that they can't launch doesn't bother me so much...but what does bother me is that the cars are apparently still quite unreliable. Early models where shocking, and it's been getting better with each car build...but for the price you pay, that's a bit unacceptable to me.

Pagani's are build much in the same way (super high standard), as are Bugatti's, and they all seem relatively trouble free.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1. I saw a video of a brand new Agera R in Monaco with a front head light burned out. I remember thinking, "uhhhhh, what"

13. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I wonder if it's because of the rapid evolution of them. No particular model has a very lengthy production life, maybe two years or so, before the next iteration is out, which I can't imagine helps reliability any.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    They (Koen) prides themselves on the quality of their builds from a marketing perspective. I'd hope its not all marketing posturing. I guess when they finally build a car in larger numbers in the Regera, especially one as complicated as that will be, we shall finally see.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not sure. IIRC the cars are largely the same, just with updated interiors and exteriors, but tub and most of the electrics presumably don't change much.

Exactly...For a builder that prides themselves so much on it, there's a lot of noise regarding reliability and ''small problems'' from owners. There's a video of an owner of 2 Koenigseggs and he says how good the service is, how he had a problem and technicians flew out to fix it. Great service, can't fault them there...but not really what you want! Same owner was also stuck in france with a broken koenigsegg. Can't remember if he was being talked through how to fix it or if more technicians flew out, but still.

From the moment I learned about the first Koenigsegg (and this goes way back to ~98, I was in love with it...loved the idea of storing the roof in the front end, car looked amazing etc etc. So am just a bit disappointed with the reliability side of things.

One other thing that does annoy me (maybe annoy is too strong a word, more an observation), is the engine. In the early cars it was a ford engine, but now it's branded as pure Koenigsegg...but the block is still Ford. I don't mind them using a Ford engine, but there is being lied about it being so much more, when it isn't. Pagani used AMG engines, modified to Pagani only spec. Pagani seem proud of their connection.

16. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
  17. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    ...km/h...Bugatti Chiron ---- Koenigsegg Agera RS
    ...0-400: ---------32,6s ------------------- 24s
    ...400-0: -- 9,36s @ 491m ------ 9,29s @ 499,3m
    0-400-0: 41,96s @ 3.112m ---- 33,29s @ 2.239,5m

18. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    This is a myth. It was never a Ford engine. They started with the shell of a Ford V8 block/casing and changed every little thing. There was no lying to the public, and you could go see for yourself at the old Koenigsegg barn/original factory (which I did). Please stop spreading false rumours. This was far more a Koenigsegg powerplant that the AMG engine is Pagani's.

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So erm...ford block = still Ford then. Not a false rumour.

If I change every single thing on my BMW engine it's still very much a BMW engine and I won't call it a Jaski.

20. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Sorry, you are wrong. And I am partly to blame. I said they started with a Ford block. In fact, they started with a block of their own with the same dimensions as the Ford bottom end. Nothing sourced from Ford, and not Ford. If an Alfa has the same wheelbase as a Ferrari, it does not become a Ferrari. Koenigsegg puts in their own motor--Koenigsegg inside, out, top to bottom.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom