Irish | FerrariChat

Irish

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by ECHO CHARLIE, Nov 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ECHO CHARLIE

ECHO CHARLIE Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Suggestions for premium Irish Whiskies ?

Thanks,
    Edward

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Redbreast. I have a 12 year old that is tasty.

3. ECHO CHARLIE

ECHO CHARLIE Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Thanks ! Got a bottle today , very good ! Tastes like bourbon, scotch and rum all rolled together.

Edward

4. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Midleton Very Rare (pricier, about $150 US right now), Redbreast 15 ($80 US) or Redbreast 12 (about $50 US) are all great choices. Jameson is produced at Midleton's, and is a much cheaper alternative that is still pretty good. You could also try Tullamore DEW; their 14 year old single malt is pretty good and not too expensive. Bob H

F430abdo likes this.
  5. Echo Charlie 1131949ZULU

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Edward C. Chewning
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them out . Edward

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Had a flight of Tullamore Dew a while back. Good stuff but I preferred the middle grade (12 year old I think it was). Wasn't as fond of the single malt (15 year?).I prefer Irish whiskey over Scotch personally. Just my taste so I'll have to look for some of the suggestions here. Thanks!!

7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh, and Jameson now has some more up-brand versions that I do like. The Jameson caskmate is pretty good but I prefer Jameson Black Barrel.

8. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Kavanagh 12 year Single Malt. Very smooth and priced around $45.00.

9. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Grabbed a bottle of the Redbreast 15 today. Will report back how I like it. Thanks for the tips!!

10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I only had a small taste the other night of the Readbreast 15. So far I like it a lot. More character and deeper flavors than any of the run of the mill stuff. Warmth and caramel were my first thoughts. Tried it room temp and with a bit of ice. I think I preferred it at room temp. Chilling seemed to almost remove some of the flavor. Good stuff and I look forward to trying some of the others suggested here.

11. Echo Charlie 1131949ZULU

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Edward C. Chewning
    I tried the 15 y/0 , it is very good but the price point. 12. Vs 15 is not worth it. It is very much like scotch. It is all good !! Just some a little better than other !! Edward

12. Echo Charlie 1131949ZULU

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Edward C. Chewning
    Anyone tried any Redbreast LUSTAU edition? Finished in sherry casks.