A Garage Find stored for 25 years - 1972 Pantera | FerrariChat

A Garage Find stored for 25 years - 1972 Pantera

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Fearless Shifter, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2463476 A friend of mine called me and asked if I was interested in his 1972 Pantera that he stored 25 years ago. I told him I was very interested and we set up a time to,look and check the car out. I have a friend who owns a classic car restoration shop and he went with me to survey the condition of the Pantera. I owned a 1971 Pantera when I got out of graduate school, kept it a couple of years and sold it. I always wanted another one so,I was excited. The car is got minimum rust, a little in the quarter panel, couple of spots at the bottom of drivers, and needs interior work. We poured gas in the carb, checked and added fluids, put in new battery, and she fired up !!!! I bought it, and the car is in my friends shop and he is going through it and see what all needs to be done. If everything checks out, we will do the mechanical stuff first, get her running good, drive her around a while, and then do the body work and paint. I hope it all comes together and I know it going to take some time.

nickmb, Dave rocks, hyenahf and 2 others like this.
  2. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Nice find- good luck!
    I much prefer the early (pre-L) cars like this, with the chrome bumpers- a cleaner look.

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Car looks pretty solid. Good luck with it!

4. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great stuff. Congrats!

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Pretty cool. Should have been on the Velocity network lol.

6. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Nice find. Is it in original condition? If so, keep it that way as you restore it...

7. MarkJ

MarkJ Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    NW Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jones
    Looks like your friend has quite a collection of diverse cars... or is that your American Classic in the background? (Not sure of the make and model.)

8. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
  9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You really have to check the frame rails under the car for rust. This is the car's achilles heal.

It looks pretty amazing though!

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats love Pantera’s!