Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jongottschalk, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    So, who wants to buy an 87 Mondial cab white on tan, once believed to be owned by Nicole Brown Simpson? JK. The car is now in the shop getting some much needed wor done. Once I get it back I think I'll drive it and enjoy it for a while. It will be interesting if 59667 shows up one of these days.

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    On the first page of the carfax site it says there are only 3 records for that vin. Probably not much info there.

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #328 Meister, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    check out this pic from a just listed 86 cab on ebay. Pic is not very good quality, but on the steering column, the 9th digit is in fact a "G" and looks very much like the #6 a couple of characters later. From other pics in the listing, you can clearly see/tell it is a G, door plate and VIN stamped on the frame.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #329 Meister, Sep 1, 2016
    here is a pic of the same vin on the frame. Much easier to tell its a G. On the NBS car, very reasonable whom ever wrote down the vin if looking at the steering column could think it was a #6

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There is definitely a lot of information to read in this thread, and some back-and-forth he-said-she-said as well. But at the end of the day, we can conclude that Nicole Brown Simpson's white Mondial was 59667, right? Do we know who currently owns this car?

6. psy770

psy770 Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    N.Y.
    #331 psy770, Dec 9, 2016
    I am in possession of the registration/title history of 59667. Nicole Brown Simpson was registered owner than her family owned it. It may be sitting on blocks as someone said when it went off the grid or it may be in another state and not be in California database.
    See Image Below. Sorry it loads upside down instead of how I took it.

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #332 Alden, Dec 10, 2016
  8. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So this guy claiming he had her car was wrong.

9. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    #334 GordonX, Jul 22, 2017
  10. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Not only wrong, but engaged in a deliberate deception imho. And with some success, as the person who bought the car would probably not have done so, or at least would not have paid the price he paid, had the facts been known.

Bradwilliams likes this.
  11. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    #336 GordonX, Jul 23, 2017
    Tabbies
    Tabbies Legal Exhibit Labels, "Plaintiff's", 1-5/8"x1", Yellow 252 labels(TAB58094)
    Price: $7.70 & FREE Shipping

Product description
    In offices, courtrooms or judges' chambers, these handy 1-5/8quot; x 1quot; labels will save time referencing exhibits for the plaintiff. Apply color-coded labels directly to legal documents, case reports, letters, photos and depositions for fast and easy identification. Each label features the words, PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBIT, in bold black letters and a space for writing exhibit letters or numbers.

https://www.amazon.com/Tabbies-Exhibit-Labels-Plaintiffs-TAB58094/dp/B002764OLG/

12. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    Nicole Simpson's Children, Parents Settle Fight Over Estate
    Court: Legal representative of Sydney and Justin said they were entitled to money that Louis and Juditha Brown made from sale of belongings.
    December 09, 1997|ABIGAIL GOLDMAN | TIMES STAFF WRITER

In her May 1994 will, Nicole Simpson had made specific allocations to her family in the event of her death, court papers show.

To her mother, she left a gold bracelet set with 52 diamonds, a platinum Art Deco watch and opera-length pearls.

Her father would share Nicole's Ferrari Mondial, valued at $35,000, with her mother.

Nicole Simpson's Children, Parents Settle Fight Over Estate - latimes

13. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    This car was grossly misrepresented. Not only was it sold as Nicole Brown Simpsons car and "buying a piece of history" BS, it was in terrible condition and ran terribly as well. The car left me stranded in the parking lot where the trucker dropped it off to me. It was leaking everything from everywhere! The car spent months with my mechanic getting a complete overhaul, major service, correct hoses, rebuilt fuel delivery system, etc, etc, etc. The wheels look like my toddler painted them, since replaced with 348 wheels. I still cant get the speedo and odometer working. Ive given up on that for the time being. I did reach out to the seller about 45 days after i bought it to either send the car back at my expense or split some of the repair costs. Never got a call back. Lesson here is, know what your buying before you buy it. I would've never purchased this car if i had known about all of the mechanical issues beforehand. I'm over the fact that this isn't the NBS car although i would still love to know where that ended up.

Bradwilliams likes this.
  14. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    I feel for you, it was a tempting situation but what gave me pause was the fact that it took so long for them to "find" the manual with the court exhibit sticker; the contradictory accounts of the "prior owners"; and also it ran across the block at Ebay about 20 times without a bid before it sold. I assume you knew it needed a major though. If only guy who finally came up with the evidence that blew the theory out of the water had posted a couple weeks earlier!

There is a fine line between misrepresentation, and holding back information. The former requires deliberate material misstatement. If you read the guys posts he never quite crossed the line. If it could be proven that he put that sticker on that manual, then that would win the day.

15. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    #340 GordonX, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    IMO -

the sticker is interesting because it appears to EXACTLY match the stickers currently available from Amazon. i also think it was the first result when you search for such a sticker. i would be shocked if that sticker existed 20+ years ago (when the criminal and civil trials were happening) in the EXACT form it is being made and sold today. perhaps contact the company "Tabbies" and get written confirmation of this fact and proceed from there. ALSO - if you could subpoena Amazon and have them search the seller's account purchase history for that sticker purchase i think you'd have a case for fraud and perhaps punitive damages!

may i ask -

1. how much did you pay for the car?
    2. how much do you estimate repair costs will total to finally get the car in reasonable condition - as it was represented/misrepresented by the seller?
    3. in what exact condition was the car represented/misrepresented to you?
    4. in retrospect, what due diligence would you have done differently?

seller has not posted here since 7-3-16.

thanks for sharing this painful but educational experience. good luck!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  16. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B

First of all I don't think this guy will ever speak again on this forum. Like i said earlier i offered to send it back to him at my expense after i put about $1500 bucks into trying to get it tuned and the speedo working. He never responded to my emails or voicemails. At that point it was too late to do anything through eBay. I paid 30k for the car and so far have spent around 15k on an engine out major service, numerous electrical gremlins, new odometer that didn't solve the speedo/odo problem. There were many wrong hoses and cheap auto parts store parts installed throughout the years. My mechanic replaced them all with the correct hoses. The fuel system was in need of a complete overhaul which was done as well. Also i forgot to mention that while under the dash i found random switch. It didn't do anything when i switched it on and off but I'm sure it was installed to turn off the odo. One of these days i will tear apart the dash and trace that wire back the source and see what it was originally for and hopefully finally fix the speedo/odo. I am probably $45k into this car at this point. I could've definitely bought a lower milage cleaner 3.2 for that dollar amount. Lesson learned, don't trust people over the internet. I wouldn't be able to sleep if i sold someone a car that way.

17. Jodie Dentici

Jodie Dentici Rookie

Nov 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jodie Dentici
    There was a friend of Nicole’s that said Nicole rear ended someone when they were out riding around. I read that in one of the books about the civil trial.

18. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    This is not Nicole's car... The VIN to her car was on legal documentation and has been on this thread. Its location is not known...

19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Nicole's was 59667, correct?

20. Jodie Dentici

Jodie Dentici Rookie

Nov 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jodie Dentici
    Yeah I should have finished reading the whole thread before I posted anything. Sad that people on here were able to find out that it wasn’t hers and the guy who sold it on eBay didn’t before he listed it.

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    interestingly enough, it's something that I feel wouldn't particularly help the car, maybe even hurt it. I know I wouldn't want it.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wow... best post yet.
    I read through it all.
    I first thought the poster was legit, then i thought was looking to make money but still legit, then i thought some people were trying to kill his sell just hating but it turns out in the end the haters were not haters and this soap opera led to nothing;)
    Great read though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Interesting read for sure. Sorry to the current owner. The OP really had me going for a while as I was reading through all this. Guess he faked out several new agencies as well.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I am not sure if the previous seller who started this thread was just looking for money and hyping his sell and/or got caught up in this...
    Maybe he was straight up lying...No idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    . Hi. Dr. Tommy.... didn't know you ever left 3x8! Yes, seems to be the generally consensus ... As of a few months ago, Carbon didn't know where it was, and I still say its it's in a storage unit somewhere or scrapped......